Lymewood Mews

Status
Not open for further replies.
In relation to the water, I noticed that while doing my snag when I went down to the car park, can't believe the have not fixed it....

Anyway, does anyone know if people are using satellite dishes out of their apartments? I'm pretty sure it is against the rules? Just want to cross certain TV packages off my list....In relation to the water, I noticed that while doing my snag when I went down to the car park, can't believe the have not fixed it....

Satellite dishes def. not allowed. has to be magnet or ntl....any news on the next residents meeting???
missed the last one...

Not that I have seen, have you checked the basement car park?

So who recommends NTL or Magnet, which one is better?

schoko,
at the last management meeting, we were told that the builders were going to put in a bicycle rack. Not sure where it is going, maybe in the basement? I suppose Emma or David Ward should know when it's going to happen.
sm1

Magnet is excellent I must say, We were one of the first people in Block C and now the teething problems seem to be solved it is great. They have also just upgraded the whole system and made it more user friendly.

There is a bike rack not yet installed lying on the ground by Block A exit.

there is a dish up on a balcony on Blk C and plenty of bikes but these issues will take a while to get sorted Id say.

I have to admit to being very nervous about leaving bike in bike-rack in carpark. In previous apartment had bike-rack in carpark and almost every bike was either stolen (no matter how good the lock) or vandalised with result that bikes were all stored in apartments. Eventually management company had to construct secure, separate storage room for bikes in carpark. When getting contents insurance almost all companies now ask where bikes will be stored and charge an extra premium for bikes not stored in apartment proper or secure garage. I expect premium would rise if claims made.

Just checking if anyone else is having problem with cold water in Block B?

Thanks,

Schoko

monkeyboy said:
Magnet is excellent I must say, We were one of the first people in Block C and now the teething problems seem to be solved it is great. They have also just upgraded the whole system and made it more user friendly.

There is a bike rack not yet installed lying on the ground by Block A exit.

there is a dish up on a balcony on Blk C and plenty of bikes but these issues will take a while to get sorted Id say.

Yeah heard about those teething problems, but I would expect that with a new company...Do you have TV and Broadband? I think NTL works out cheeper (especially if you want sky sports) than Magnet for TV.....if you do have it for TV what is the picture quality like?

We have magnet with BB, TV pack and phone , its dead handy. we had NTL and Magnet simultaneously for a few months and the picture is definitely sharper and crisper with magnet.
NTLs legendary customer service is also far exceeded by the newbies.

Also a big fan of magnet - unbeatable value if you use Broadband, and we got upgraded on Monday evening to 8Mb download speed- that's unreal!!

It is way more competitive priced that any other combination of cable, broadband and phone. The broadband is excellent.

Agree with monkeyboy, we also have NTL (it has been connected for free since we moved in) but we never watch it as the picture quality is not nearly as sharp.

Thanks, I really thought NTL picuture would be sharper for some reason....do any of you have Sky Sports or Sky Movies with Magnet? Also are you using an LCD TV with it?

Also, do you get an introductory offer from Magnet for Lymewood Mews residents only?

Re: Lymewood Mews - Parking

misguided said:
Our management company have been utterly useless in the situation. Clamping has been introduced and double yellow lines painted along any roadway where parking might be an option. .
If you have better suggestions go along to the agm and stand for membership of the committee. I think the agm should be soon-there was a general meeting before Christmas.

We went with ntl, but only broadband available is with magnet, ntl are much cheaper for sky sports, movies etc.. and magnet are missing several channels. sky one sky news for example. we actually have ntl for tv and magnet for broadband and phone.

muffin1973 said:
Oh you know - the zappers to let you in the gates to the underground carparking - we call those types of things fobs in work andI think Emma called them that yesterday :)

My God are you guy's just moving in properly now, thought you'd at least have been in before christmas

Moving in? I have not even done my re-snag, did my snag over 8 weeks ago and they said it is due for completion this week....which we know means 4 weeks...I'll be lucky to be in by the end of May.

i heard a rumour that tcd may be looking to have their playing pitches rezoned......

heard that too. not sure though. many rumour flying around. any ideas whats is going across the road - homebase etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back