Lunch at work

Lunch is for wimps :) I am sure Seanie never did lunch as too busy being entrepeneurial and driving the business forward.

We have tea and coffee and milk paid for and sometimes if there are visitors there are biscuits and/or lunch platters knocking around. We did have water coolers but now we have filtered water. We have the option of a subsidised lunch (it is still expensive enough) at a local hotel, but I bring lunch Mon-Thurs and eat out on Friday.

You can go and get your breakfast for 15 or 20 minutes (nobody minds) but most times I dont bother. Some people make toast, cereals, etc.

I am on a low GL diet so lay off the biscuits, etc. Usually I take a wholegrain pitta with homemade coleslaw, beetroot, rocket and tuna, or a brown wrap with either roasted vegetables (pepper, aubergine, red onion, courgettes, carrots) and hummus or salad and falafel or feta cheese. It just takes a bit of preparation the night before, but tastes nicer than Cuisine de stodge rolls.

I am on a low GL diet so lay off the biscuits, etc. Usually I take a wholegrain pitta with homemade coleslaw, beetroot, rocket and tuna, or a brown wrap with either roasted vegetables (pepper, aubergine, red onion, courgettes, carrots) and hummus or salad and falafel or feta cheese. It just takes a bit of preparation the night before, but tastes nicer than Cuisine de stodge rolls.

I'd say Lagos didn't know what hit it, with your hummus an all!

I actually found it easier in some ways to eat healthy while away!

Found a lovely taps bar with grilled veg and hummus too! Wish I was there now!

Last night I boiled an egg and mixed it once done and cooled down with some scallion and salad cream and then took 2 slices bread out of the freezer which by morning were defrosted and I made an egg sandwich to bring in. Total time 4 mins last night and 2 mins today. And my work colleagues were incredulous that I went to so much trouble (?!) while giving out that the bread the canteen used for their sandwiches was not very fresh today................I'm amazed at them not making lunch to bring in!

Back