LPT: Revenue Property Valuation Guide (The Heatmap) now live

My actual demand is for €938. This is a strange figure. It seems to value my property at €1,031,000.

WaterWater is correct. Sahd I think that you are basing your calculation on an earlier post of WaterWater before clarification.

Incidentally are there no bands for properties valued at over €1m?

I got my letter. Their figure is well below what I believe would be a fair & honest estimated valuation. Other houses around me, albeit in better condition, have sold in the last year for around the 700k mark, the Revenue letter has mine at mid-point 375k. Decisions, decisions. From a conscience perspective I am happy to use their number, I paid a lot of stamp duty in the hey-day, I can live with a slightly low-balled valuation. I'd be more concerned with what Revenue might think of my behaviour if they came to have a look! Might talk to the neighbours, see what their plan is, we are in a terrace of 4 houses on the road.

Well then you'd be lying to Revenue and making a false statement in your return, the fact that you want your neighbours to join in the charade is quite childish, well he was doing it too!

When are people going to realise that what Revenue is sending you doesn't really matter in the end, it's your own honestly felt (and provable) estimate of the value of your home that counts?

the fact that you want your neighbours to join in the charade is quite childish, well he was doing it too!

That some leap, to take that meaning from what I posted. Good work!

I'd say, like an awful lot of people who live in one of a small number of identical houses, I am no different in intending to discuss the valuation I intend to put on my property.

I certainly dont intend to overvalue my property, and will err on the side of under valuing if I am in doubt. This is not an exact science, I intend to declare the house valuation to be as little as I can possible substantiate it being worth. And I am clear of conscience with this.

That's a bit different between accepting 375k instead of 700k must be great to have such a flexible conscience.

The value I decide to submit will not weigh on my conscience one iota, whether I believe I have undervalued or not. Like most people, I intend to select as low a value as I can substantiate should Mr Revenue come calling, an no more. I dont think 37k is going to work, maybe something around the 500k.

Back