Looks like the UB->PTSB switch has happened…

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called pTSB today and they couldn’t find my mortgage number. Found my account from DOB and was given a new account number.
Typical I was in the process of switching to BOI and was waiting for an updated redemption statement when this switch happened. So I have to wait another week before this switch happens.

Question: As my mortgage is with PTSB and my solicitor has funds from BOI, does this mean that I am accruing interest on both banks? I have already accrued interest on BOI. UB mortgage interest is usually applied on the 17th of each month.

Any idea why the last 1bn euro tranche is delayed until Q2?

My mortgage doesn’t appear to have been moved. It’s a fixed mortgage, and the only reason I can think is that I refixed recently on 1 October.

Formal letter from UB in the door this morning regarding change over. Nothing from PTSB yet.

Any idea why the last 1bn euro tranche is delayed until Q2?

My mortgage doesn’t appear to have been moved. It’s a fixed mortgage, and the only reason I can think is that I refixed recently on 1 October.
We also haven't transferred. We got a top-up in June and re-fixed on the main mortgage in July; you would have thought that was a long enough gap to make unproblematic, but I guess not.
Looking at the PTSB Welcome booklet, it will be annoying how many things you now have to ring PTSB about to get actioned, that could be accomplished online with UB. At least the PTSB online portal is looking a bit fresher as of last month; I hope they do the same for the app in the near future.

My letter says mortgage will move mid 2023. I too re-fixed recently. Might be just lucky dip.

No change for me despite being an existing PTSB customer too.
Any update on whether the ability to overpay 10% on fixed rates survived, I wonder?
Another ponderable - does prior length and good-standing with UB count towards the two years needed by PTSB to apply for a top-up loan?
See pdf attached in Post#16. Says the 10% overpayment facility is still available. Looks like good news on that front

My mortgage has disappeared from UB app so I assume it’s with ptsb now but have yet to hear from them.

Will my Mortgage protection insurance follow the mortgage does anyone know? It’s with Royal London.

Will my Mortgage protection insurance follow the mortgage does anyone know? It’s with Royal London.
You mean the direct debit to pay for this month by month? Did you have a separate DD for this or was it bundled into the mortgage repayment?

My mortgage has disappeared from UB app so I assume it’s with ptsb now but have yet to hear from them.

I'm also with Royal London...the letter I received from UB yesterday lays that out. UB will notify your provider (Royal London) of the reassignment of the main policy to PTSB. If you have additional policies you need to sort that yourself.

I'm also with Royal London...the letter I received from UB yesterday lays that out. UB will notify your provider (Royal London) of the reassignment of the main policy to PTSB. If you have additional policies you need to sort that yourself.
Perfect. Have yet to receive any letter from UB or Ptsb so I just need to be patient!

Did anyone whose mortgage *did* transfer make any changes this year... re-fixing, additional borrowing, anything like that? Anecdotally from this thread, it looks like everyone who hasn't moved made an intervention with their mortgage. All correlation not causation at the moment, of course.

Did anyone whose mortgage *did* transfer make any changes this year... re-fixing, additional borrowing, anything like that? Anecdotally from this thread, it looks like everyone who hasn't moved made an intervention with their mortgage. All correlation not causation at the moment, of course.
We re-fixed twice this year and were still transferred to PTSB. The most recent re-fix was in October. So, I think that's not the determining factor.

We re-fixed twice this year and were still transferred to PTSB. The most recent re-fix was in October. So, I think that's not the determining factor.
I refixed in April.
got the letter today, so looks like there is indeed nothing todo. Insurance, direct debits, etc., all taken care off.

todays letter stated that we should have received a letter in August, with the dates and details.
never received one, and given we received two letters today (one each for my wife and I), I am white certain we didn’t miss it back in August but didn’t get it.

todays letter stated that we should have received a letter in August, with the dates and details.
never received one, and given we received two letters today (one each for my wife and I), I am white certain we didn’t miss it back in August but didn’t get it.

It certainly sounds like UB did not give the two months' notice of the transfer that they promised:

It certainly sounds like UB did not give the two months' notice of the transfer that they promised:
Here’s some egg on my face: was filing the recent letter from Ulsterbank. Found a letter dated August 3rd in the ‘inbox’ pile - first time I saw it. Was the one addressed to my wife, talking about that the move will happen towards end of 2022 / early 23 and they will send a letter once the transfer is completed.
quote: “the date of transfer will be a minimum of two months from the date of this letter”.

so asked my wife what’s with the letter (I was travelling early August during the week the letter must have arrived )
She said ah yes there was something back in August. No idea why she didn’t bother telling me about it given I have been going on about the lack of communication from Ulsterbank since September.

Just as well that I was too busy at work this week to call and complain…

Looks UB did things by the book, at least in my case.

Also transferred to PTSB this week.

We refixed with UB end of Sept for 5 years.

Mon/Tues I lost UB MMM online access and the Mortagge A/C notification in the UB app. Account gone from app also.

Wed we received a confirmation letter by post from UB that the mortgage is moved and also a letter to let us know our Royal London MPI has been reassigned to PTSB.

We pay our Mortgage from a joint current UB - It’s a DD not an SO. I checked in the UB app.

The payee account is still UB though.

That DD is a single amount made up of our monthly payment AND monthly overpayment. We pay c.16% overpay every month.

Nothing in the post from PTSB yet.

I will prob ring them and go through it all.

Don’t want a DD bouncing in Month 1 and also want to be assured our overpayment is included too.

I don’t have a PTSB account and I presume a joint will be a F2F requirement rather than opening in the app.

I gather that anyone moved in from UB will not get the PTSB explore account 2% cash back per month - So need to figure out if we will get free banking if we open a joint PTSB account. Otherwise will just move the DD to AIB - We moved eve re thing else to AIB as all of the UB accounts will eventually close.

Here’s some egg on my face: was filing the recent letter from Ulsterbank. Found a letter dated August 3rd in the ‘inbox’ pile - first time I saw it. Was the one addressed to my wife, talking about that the move will happen towards end of 2022 / early 23 and they will send a letter once the transfer is completed.
quote: “the date of transfer will be a minimum of two months from the date of this letter”.

That's interesting. It must be the letter mentioned here in @IrishHusk's screenshot (see below).

Can anybody here definitively say that they did not get the letter in question (dated 3rd August) from Ulster Bank?

1668260804396.png

That's interesting. It must be the letter mentioned here in @IrishHusk's screenshot (see below).

Can anybody here definitively say that they did not get the letter in question (dated 3rd August) from Ulster Bank?

View attachment 6835
This is the 3rd of August letter UB are referring to FYI. I fixed on the basis of this at 2.2% and was tranferred to PTSB earlier this week.

One thing I am noticing is that some of the correspondance is my name and some in my partners name, also some to both of us. But we are not recieving duplicates of anything.

Which is a bit odd that it's not both names on everything ... maybe they were just getting lazy or under resourced in Mortgage Operations when sending them all.

Either way, the letter was sent and received - Was not regsitered, none of the correspondance has been FYI.

Attachments

• UB 3rd August Letter.png
    UB 3rd August Letter.png
    424.5 KB · Views: 122
One thing I am noticing is that some of the correspondance is my name and some in my partners name, also some to both of us. But we are not recieving duplicates of anything.

Which is a bit odd that it's not both names on everything ... maybe they were just getting lazy or under resourced in Mortgage Operations when sending them all.
We get the same, it's a joint mortgage and we've always received two of everything...one in my name, one in hers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back