Looks like the UB->PTSB switch has happened…

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexio7

I logged into my PTSB Mobile Banking App last night to discover my Ulster Mortgage has been added as a sub account.

Has anybody else been switched over from UB to PTSB and seen the change?

I am a bit surprised to see this as I did not receive any communication from UB advising the switch is imminent.

Anyway just thought I would share as a heads up to the UB mortgage customers.

Heard nothing from UB. I can still log into the UB manage my mortgage site, and see and access everything re: mortgage account.

Got an email update from Ulster Bank public relations today, and this is the key bit:

I am writing to you today to inform you that we reached a significant milestone for both customers and colleagues in recent days, with the migration of c.84% of in-scope performing non-tracker mortgages to Permanent TSB as well as 113 Ulster Bank colleagues, under TUPE legislation. The balance of mortgages are expected to migrate in mid-2023.

Brendan

No change for me despite being an existing PTSB customer too.
Any update on whether the ability to overpay 10% on fixed rates survived, I wonder?
Another ponderable - does prior length and good-standing with UB count towards the two years needed by PTSB to apply for a top-up loan?

I logged into my PTSB Mobile Banking App last night to discover my Ulster Mortgage has been added as a sub account.
Does this mortgage sub-account on PTSB's platform show a balance?

When you log in to UB's Manage My Mortgage portal, does your mortgage still show a balance?

I wonder if you (and others whose UB mortgages have been migrated) are now prevented from re-fixing with Ulster Bank? If you are, it would be objectionable since you weren't given any formal notice of the migration.

Last edited:
Does this mortgage sub-account on PTSB's platform show a balance?

When you log in to UB's Manage My Mortgage portal, does your mortgage still show a balance?

I wonder if you (and others whose UB mortgages have been migrated) are now prevented from re-fixing with Ulster Bank? If you are, it would be objectionable since you weren't given any formal notice of the migration.
Same scenario for me - PTSB app now also showing my Ulster bank mortgage a/c including balance - length of term etc.
Manage mortgage on ulster bank site still shows balance.

I'm in the middle of a re-fix. ulster bank confirmed receipt of documents last week and said new rate will be applied in 15-20 days. I can update if all goes through ok.

My mortgage was showing in both yesterday. Gone now from the UB app.
The numbers were different. Not sure why. The PTSB amount is about €15 less than the UB amount was.

As per post above, yesterday I could access Manage My Mortgage on UB systems. Not anymore as of this morning - just this notice -

Please be advised, as your mortgage has successfully transferred to Permanent TSB, you no longer have access to Ulster Bank's Manage my Mortgage platform. We are writing to you to provide formal confirmation of this transfer, along with additional information that you will find helpful.

Please be assured that this does not affect your legal and regulatory protections.

If you require more information, or have any mortgage related queries please visit our Mortgage Customer Support Hub.

I could access the manage my mortgage UB platform yesterday.
Today I am met the same message as @myate

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-08 203640.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-08 203640.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 116
Similar here. try to check the UB mortgage account in app and web today, and go the message that the mortgage was moved.
Not a word from UB or PTSB other than that

So about 2 weeks for someone to contact me to sort out ’minor’ things like setting up direct debit for the mortgage payments.
Not happy about the lack of proper information. I’ll defo give them a call to complain. This is not good enough.

Similar here. try to check the UB mortgage account in app and web today, and go the message that the mortgage was moved.
Not a word from UB or PTSB other than that

So about 2 weeks for someone to contact me to sort out ’minor’ things like setting up direct debit for the mortgage payments.
Not happy about the lack of proper information. I’ll defo give them a call to complain. This is not good enough.
We'll all have to sort out our direct debits again as per online PTSB 'welcome booklet' all movers will be given new mortgage numbers and will have to sort DD/SO.

@IrishHusk and others: did any of you get a letter from Ulster Bank like the one mentioned in IrishHusk's screenshot, about the transfer to PTSB? Could you post a picture of that letter (hiding your personal details)?

that says DDs will only need to be amended if you are closing the current account from which it is paid.

Presumably for everyone else there is no need to take any action!

"If you pay your Loan by direct debit and are currently in the process of closing the Current Account from which your Loan is paid; you do need to update your direct debit."

@helpneeded No4 - If you pay your Loan by other methods i.e. by standing order or electronic
funds transfer you do need to take action.

To me, that says pretty much everybody needs to take action - unless they've made an error with No4, and left out a crucial do not wording.

@helpneeded No4 - If you pay your Loan by other methods i.e. by standing order or electronic
funds transfer you do need to take action.

To me, that says pretty much everybody needs to take action - unless they've made an error with No4, and left out a crucial do not wording.
I'm pretty sure that's if *you* are transferring payment to them (which standing orders and EFT are doing), not *them* requesting payment from you - which is what a Direct Debit is doing. If you transfer money to them, then you need to know the new account number otherwise it goes to a dead account. If you have a Direct Debit, *they* obviously know the new a/c details so it should (should!) be fine.

Most people will have a DD, not a standing order or be making ad-hoc transfers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back