Other Looking for Public Liability Insurance

V

Valuehunter

I am a professional consultant and am looking for public liability insurance. Can anyone recommend any good/cheap insurers?

I am a professional consultant and am looking for public liability insurance. Can anyone recommend any good/cheap insurers?

My husband has his public and employers liability insurance with Quinn. They were by far the cheapest - by about 50%! of the quotes he gets every year. Not sure if it will apply to your business, - he has a construction company.

A.

What exactly do you 'consult' on?

There would be a higher premium for a consultant gynaecologist as opposed to a consultant gardener.

Cheapest is not necessarily the best with Insurance particularly. Policies and service ie when there is a claim, differ greatly. Suggest talk you talk to a professional Insurance Broker.

I am a business consultant. I just came across a website publicliability.ie, saw an article about it in the paper. Has anyone used it before? Seems to offer a good deal.

They are just a brokers operating a scheme with one particular insurer, WR Berkley. Who to be fair would probably be the natural home for the type of cover you are looking for. Alternatively Hiscox would also be a good insurer for this type of cover.
But you will have to go to a broker to get at them!

As a professional consultant, is it Professional Indemnity cover you are looking for? If so, and you are a member of a professional body, i would suggest that you contact your professional body. Typically, professional bodies ( eg, Society of Chartered Surveyors, Institute of Engineers of Ireland, Royal Institute of Architects of Ireland to name but a few) have arrangements with particular brokers with whom they have schemes for PI cover for their members. I also understand, albeit that i am subject to correction on this, that Quinn Direct are offering PI cover, with stipulations that may not be as onerous as other insurers. I would recommend that you do go through the professional body route.

As a professional consultant, is it Professional Indemnity cover you are looking for? If so, and you are a member of a professional body, i would suggest that you contact your professional body. Typically, professional bodies ( eg, Society of Chartered Surveyors, Institute of Engineers of Ireland, Royal Institute of Architects of Ireland to name but a few) have arrangements with particular brokers with whom they have schemes for PI cover for their members. I also understand, albeit that i am subject to correction on this, that Quinn Direct are offering PI cover, with stipulations that may not be as onerous as other insurers. I would recommend that you do go through the professional body route.

You will need Professional Indemnity cover only if the advice that you give a client could generate a monetary loss for that client if the advice ended up being poor. PI cover is very expensive.

Public Liability cover is the most basic cover you will need and will protect you in the event that you sued for any loss or damage you cause to a third party by virtue of your business operations e.g. if someone trips over your laptop lead in a training session.

Hiscox are a good bet, they operate group schemes for some professionals.

You will need Professional Indemnity cover only if the advice that you give a client could generate a monetary loss for that client if the advice ended up being poor. PI cover is very expensive.

Public Liability cover is the most basic cover you will need and will protect you in the event that you sued for any loss or damage you cause to a third party by virtue of your business operations e.g. if someone trips over your laptop lead in a training session.

Hiscox are a good bet, they operate group schemes for some professionals.

I forgot about the wishy washy makey uppy consultants............They do of course need public liability insurance............ in my experience these guys should also take out very special insurance to cover them for wasting people's time and boring people to death!!!

I use O'Learys insurance group (broker) in Galway. I have commercial vehicle insurance, car insurance and public liability insurance with them and find them to be the best around. I try as many insurance companies as possible whenever it's time to renew my policies and no one comes even close.

That construct a quote site you mentioned looks like for UK business - My sister is a teacher and gives grinds in a school after hours .she had to get public liability to keep the school happy and she got it from that site publicliability.ie somone mentioned there - they had an insurance for tutors and it was cheapest she found

Keystone in co louth are very competitive for el and pl particularly in any field relating to the construction sector but they are also worth a call on non construction stuff.

Back