List: Stealth price increases at Tesco in recent days?

Re: Sneaky price increase in Tesco??

The Euro Shop on Georges Street in Dublin across the street from Dunnes is selling 2 tubes of pringles for 3 euro. I just noticed it today. It beats everywhere else.

2 for 2.49 in tesco's.....

My local shop has reduced bulmers cans from 2.39 to 1.99. People really need to shop around. What I always try to convince myself is to think long and hard before putting any item over 2EUR in the trolley.

Stick with Aldi & Lidl, some genuine price cuts in there and good value. Dunnes, tesco, supervalu cant come close.

The Euro shops Like EUROLAND, POUNDWORLD and others.....It looks like they sell product cheaper then others but if you shop around then you come to know they arent such cheap as they look a like. Try to get most of the groceries from lidl or aldi as b4nd1t said. They have most of the things at good quality like everyday fresh fruit&vegetables. Their dairy products are good. Frozen vegetables ice creams. Can food is good. Those things i try to buy from them.....I avoid washing powder and washing liquid. I am not convinced to but that yet. Sometimes they also have a offer on coca cola and chocolates like kitkat and lion. Their biscuits are nice even. Juices are good. They have a great selection of it.

Tesco in New Ross and Wexford have increased the price of their local free-range eggs from 1.70 for 6 to 2.35 and they cannot blame transport costs or import duties as these eggs are local.... wonder how much of their price increase is passed onto the supplier????

anyone notice this recently...what with all the talk of moving away from Irish suppliers for price reasons, things seems to have returned to "normal" i.e. the price reductions we got by Tesco switching to UK suppliers have now being negated.

1 tin of chopped tomatoes for 59c or 4 for 2.49.
Bag of parsnips priced per kg, more expensive single parsnips priced per llb.
Butter gone from 1.79 to 1.95.

You've got to read the price tags very carefully!

all the prices rises, I blame Mary from Xfactor (just joking).

I thought you were serious there for a minute.

I was back in my local Tescos for the first time since before Christmas and there has definitely been a price increase. I guess the recent increase in the UK VAT rate is also being passed on to it's Irish customers!

After superquinn, tesco's in my opinion is now the most expensive supermarket bar the absolute staples(tesco bread and milk) dunnes is far better value on the non staples, fruit and veg in all the supermarkets are crazy compared to Aldi and lidi.

Tesco's own brand Orange juice has shot from €1.46 to €1.99 since before xmas - an outrageous increase. After getting customers to switch from brand names they up the price!

They are all at it. A favorite trick is a 2 pack being more expensive than buying 2 single packs of a product. Most people don't check.

1 tin of chopped tomatoes for 59c or 4 for 2.49.
Bag of parsnips priced per kg, more expensive single parsnips priced per llb.
Butter gone from 1.79 to 1.95.

You've got to read the price tags very carefully!

I find it very handy when the price tags on the shelves tell you how much it costs per Kg.
e.g. I was in JCs in Swords yesterday and I bought some cat food. Assuming the bigger box was better value until I checked the price per KG which showed that the smaller box was cheaper per Kg than the larger one!

Me being suspicious do the maths for myself as well though!

I buy Flora Proactiv and it was 4.65 up to recently. Now it's 4.99. Lidl doesn't stock it but I buy a lot more veg and other things there so Tesco is the loser even if I have to shop there for some things.

tesco basic morning orange was 70c up to a week or 2 ago,has now gone up to 85c,thats over 20 per cent of an increase.

Also watch out for the larger packs actually being dearer than two small ones, eg Flora 1kg v 2x500g.

Back