Lisney 10% pay cut

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/staff-at-top-estate-agents-to-take10pc-wage-cut-1416004.htmlIndo is carrying the story now:

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/staff-at-top-estate-agents-to-take10pc-wage-cut-1416004.html

Lies.

A company cannot lower wages just like that. Perhaps cuts on commission or something but not basic salary.

Just more nonsense from selfish people who missed the property boat the last time, trying to make things sounds worse then they are.

We are all awaiting your next contribution with interest.

"Lying" is an entirely incorrect use of words. I do not wish to get into a slagging match about estate agents. The only thing i will point out is that any prices that have been quoted in the past as "in the region of" are private treaty sales. The reason the actual prices are not made public is in the wording of the sale type - "private" Any auction results are always published at the exact sale price. Our customers who choose to sell their house by private treaty may not wish for the exact sale price to appear. I won't be commenting further on this aspect of the topic.

[broken link removed]

Sammie, I find this a bit hard to understand - are you (Lisneys) still so busy that you still require boomtime staffing levels?

If no, do you know why the management didn't just make a certain number redundant?

"Lying" is an entirely incorrect use of words.

Quite correct! Bugler should have said that EAs have been saying something for years that was in the region of not telling the truth. EAs would never lie. They're an honest bunch and should not be tarnished by the shortcomings of a few:D

There's no kick. If you're an honest estate agent there's no slight on you. EAs collectively have been lying about prices achieved, and when caught they started moaning that if they weren't allowed to lie then they wouldn't publish prices at all. The decent individuals among the profession have my sympathy.
So If I'm honest I'm ok with you,but 'EA's have been collectively lying about prices' how do you differentiate between EA's to ascertain which are the honest ones and which are the liars?
We can't publish sale prices without permission from vendor and purchaser, so to insinuate that EA's have thrown their toys out of the pram is incorrect.

Quite correct! Bugler should have said that EAs have been saying something for years that was in the region of not telling the truth. EAs would never lie. They're an honest bunch and should not be tarnished by the shortcomings of a few:D

You know you could substitute 'EA's' with 'people' and that line would still carry some truth.
Do posters here find it amusing that people are in danger of losing jobs and have already had a drop in income?

No juicy details to tell!

I wasn't looking for juicy details, as you put it, but the facts of the matter, and as you are a staff member you should be able to give us the exact details !!

You do realise that you are having a laugh at someones expense who has just had a drop in earnings.

I agree MrMan. Tried to make this point earlier but didn't get any response. Let's poke fun at someone's livelihood, shall we? Still, what goes around, comes around.

gotta love the sanctiomy, shouldn't you be lobbying FF for a cut in Stamp Duty or something?

Kemo Sabe - straight Yes or No question - do you think it's acceptable to poke fun at someone when they've disclosed that their pay is being cut by 10%?

I think some of you ought to grow up, Sammie has done nothing wrong, it's a dreadful situation to be in especially if one is the main breadwinner. 10% can make a big difference to people. As for those of you who thinks it won't happen to you - don't be so sure. Do you know what it is to be in a dole queue with no prospect of employment.

Sammie, at least you still have a job :) and I hope the 10% doesn't affect you too badly and fair play to Lisney to try and not make people redundant.

God sorry I started this now! If Lisney was a factory or call center rather than a property company there would be nothing but sympathy for its employees.

I'd feel sorry for the admin staff, but I'm sure the sales staff on commission made their hay while the sun shined and have plenty tucked away, seeing as the housing industry is cyclical in nature.

do we all feel sorry for how ever many people that VIs (including EAs) have duped into buying over priced shoe boxes for extortionate amounts? the result of which is many many people now sitting on negative equity with interest rates hikes cutting off their air supply. (not saying its all EAs faults but they have been a factor) Btw mods, this is not speculation on house prices this is FACT.

The effect of this being many young people spend a far greater % of their take home pay on serving their mortgage as a result (in effect a paycut as they have less for discretionary spending etc after paying for accomodation costs).

do we all feel sorry for how ever many people that VIs (including EAs) have duped into buying over priced shoe boxes for extortionate amounts? the result of which is many many people now sitting on negative equity with interest rates hikes off their air supply. (not saying its all EAs faults but they have been a factor) Btw mods, this is not speculation on house prices this is FACT.

The effect of this being many young people spend a far greater % of their take home pay on serving their mortgage as a result (in effect a paycut as they have less for discretionary spending etc after paying for accomodation costs).

I think you will find its the general public cause property bubbles , not estate agents...

If no one was willing the pay the prices it wouldn't matter how much they asked for...

Kemo Sabe - straight Yes or No question - do you think it's acceptable to poke fun at someone when they've disclosed that their pay is being cut by 10%?

it depends who it is.

I have no sympathy for the EA profession who have gotten fat on the backs of FTBs who have been conned into buying shoebox apartments that they can't afford on 35/40 year mortgages.

Back