Limerick

I've lived in limerick all my life and you see a "sulky" ( i presume this is a horse drawn vehicle ) about once a month, unless your a taxi driver.

WRT property, rents proximate to UL or LIT have suffered, intially declining and since then suffering a "lack of growth" for over two years, see the daft report for details and figures.

It's reputation has created value for FTB's and and other homeowners, a relation of mine bought a similar house to mine last year, (we both bought at the same time) and was more than a little outraged at what you can buy in limerick for a given amount versus what you can buy for twice that amount in dublin with less amentiy value, i.e 16 miles from o'connell street versus 12 minute walk to o'connell street in limerick, better access to schools etc..

Crikey, if all you Limerick Haters had some sense you'd go down, buy some property, turn it over, make money and buy houses where you actually do deem "suitable" to live. Put your negative energy into something real. Only for me buying a place in Dooradoyle Park in Limerick and selling it again for 70k more after 6 months could I afford to buy an apt in south dublin which I then sold, made more money and now live in a lovely house in Dundrum! And I'm currenlty buying another house in South Circular road in Limerick which should do well. Limerick set me up to be able to do this!

Oh and I'm from Limerick by the way and grew up there partying in city centre and I had the best crack in the world. It's a marvellous city with so much going for it. As somebody mentioned, its mostly the people who haven't been or lived there that are the loudest to shout the negatives.

Up Munster today by the way!!!! I'm wearing my red!!

All the best
Kitten

The turnip jugglers over the ladyboys any day, kitten...! ;)

Whereabouts on SCR are you buying, if you don't mind me asking? I'm living near there myself (and originally from not too far away from Dundrum, as it happens!) I wonder what effect the new developments in the old racecourse will have on values in the area...

Moved over from UK to Ennis a few of years ago. Spend quite a bit of time in Limerick and I think it is a lovely city. You can see by all the building and redevelopment work going on that it is definitely 'on the up'.
For what it is worth, I feel the media has an agenda against Limerick and I think it has been maligned due to the actions of a few feuding families. You should see the problems in Manchester, Liverpool or London. I have never had any trouble in Limerick and like all cities there are some areas I would think twice about venturing.

The mid-west region as a whole seems to be picking up due to massive inward investment and I would reccommend it to anyone. Unlike the Dublin region it offers an excellent quality of life at at a price which is affordable.

Dr. Moriarty,

Well well, what about that "match" - not really that one could call it a match as for a match one needs 2 teams and from where I was sitting on the west upper stand I could only see one team on the pitch.......

I'm buying in Lag na gCapaill - they are a mix of apt (3-bed), duplexes (3-bed) and detached (4-bed). It's on the city side (not dock road) so I reckon location is key in a sucessful re-sale.
Check it out - chesser is looking after them - the contact is Rachel. To be honest I'd be surprised if they are not all gone - they launched last week.

Cheers
Kitten

Back