Lidl Mobile - €8.99 Per Month for Life

By chance, in the list of Alerts in the Lidl Plus app, I spotted today an Alert saying:

Lidl Connect: number transfer failed

with no explantion

And no e-mail either.

Poor form.
 
For what it's worth, a very common reason for failure is choosing unregistered prepay when it should be registered prepay. All providers could deal with number porting failures much more clearly in my experience.
 
For what it's worth, a very common reason for failure is choosing unregistered prepay when it should be registered prepay. All providers could deal with number porting failures much more clearly in my experience.

Okay, I will try again.

I am now at the stage where I choose between:

Prepay
OR
Bill pay

I chose Prepay, as I am with An Post mobile, SIM-only, no contract, pay a top-up each month.

Later, I choose Registered, as An Post know my name.


Like before, the app now says that a request is being sent to my current provider.
 
Will keep you folks posted if I get anywhere with them on this. Otherwise I will end up having to cancel my contract with them as I'm not paying them if I cannot keep my existing phone number.
Just wondering actually, if I cancelled the current SIM and closed my LIDL Plus account, is there anything to stop me creating a new LIDL Plus account and registering another new SIM and this time ensuring to port my number upon initial setup? I'm assuming the €8.99 offer is still available?
 
Last edited:
i purchase my sim card to day in my local lidl store i put in all my deatails
when it came to put in my sim card actvation code in which i put it in
correct its saying in valid any help please thank s
 
Is your phone unlocked for use on any network?
What make and model of phone is it?
Can you try the SIM in another unlocked phone?
 
Just got a message from 48:

'By 31st October, your plan will include access to the 5G network where available. at no extra cost.
You may get access sooner as we start the rollout from next week.
Your price and allowances are not changing.
You don't need to do anything, we'll automatically activate 5G on your account.'

I'm on the €7.99 plan (no longer available), so happy days!
Isn't competition a great thing?:)
 
Last edited:
The €7.99 plan is for life.

Yeah, it was one of the main reasons that I got rid of my Vodafone bill pay and moved to Ready To Go. It was the straw that broke the camel's back because I had Bill Pay for years. I haven't switched to any of the prices for life because I like Vodafone. Daughter moved to the cheaper Clear but there have been a few problems.
 
How long does it take to port? I lost Three connection 2 hours ago. Anything you need to do? I’ve downloaded Lidl eSIM .
 
Lidl Connect sent an email to switchers to say it could take up to 4 days to complete a switch. At the start of the week it was taking up to 2 days, by the end of the week it was taking a couple of hours (with a few exceptions).

I switched on Wednesday, I had answered a question incorrectly which caused my port to fail. Started again on Thursday, changeover done within 2 hours.
I had service from my previous provider right up to switch time.

Switching out of hours can delay things
 
Thanks @ClubMan , yes, that's what I meant - porting only happens during business hours (I tried to find the exact hours in the Lidl Connect FAQs but can't).

@FintanJ , have you checked your Lidl Plus app for a notification to say you've been ported?
 
Back
Top