Lemongrass restaurant Liffey Valley

Hi,

It is closed for renovations, so I would say it will be back open soon enough. I think it only closed very recently. (Maybe last weekend).

Greatly over-priced for food that is mass-produced at a central location and just re-heated on site.

Thanks a lot. I sent my sister there last night and there were "closed for renovations" signs up. But someone I know was only there 2 weeks ago and there was no sign of it closing so just got a bit confused! Thought it may have been shut down or something.

Lemongrass is a Franchise and I believe I read in the paper a few weeks back that the franchise has gone bust but not sure about the individual units.

-pm

Eh yeah.... closed for renovations all right. Seems to another casualty.

Greatly over-priced for food that is mass-produced at a central location and just re-heated on site.

was there a few months ago anf nearly walked out when i saw the menu prices, always enjoyed it though but disturbed to read your comment above

was there a few months ago anf nearly walked out when i saw the menu prices, always enjoyed it though but disturbed to read your comment above
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Yes , Lemongrass produced all of their meals at a central kitchen in Kildare then vacuum-packed individual meals and despatched them to the franchise outlets to be re-heated on demand. Much like your supermarket Asian meal. Thought that was common-knowledge.

That methodology is not unique to Lemongrass...several well known restaurant chains (unfortunately) also do this.

virtually every "banquet" meal served is pre-prepared too. In lemongrass case, they had a couple of great chefs preparing the food to their standard and then sent them to the restauranys for cooking. Nothing wrong in that imo.
Gordon Ramsey does this for some of his london establishments especially for the lunch menus.

The Lemongrass in Drogheda closed some months ago, it has been replaced by a Chinese restaurant.

Lemongrass closed in Galway last year and was replaced by another Asian themed restaurant.

virtually every "banquet" meal served is pre-prepared too. In lemongrass case, they had a couple of great chefs preparing the food to their standard and then sent them to the restauranys for cooking. Nothing wrong in that imo.
Gordon Ramsey does this for some of his london establishments especially for the lunch menus.
Maybe so , but with the prices charged by Lemongrass the least I would expect would be a chef working in a fully-operational kitchen , not someone standing at a bank of microwaves zapping the orders as they come in. Unethical at best -cheating at worst.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Yes , Lemongrass produced all of their meals at a central kitchen in Kildare then vacuum-packed individual meals and despatched them to the franchise outlets to be re-heated on demand. Much like your supermarket Asian meal. Thought that was common-knowledge.

Strange... the Lemongrass in Citywest had their kitchen in the middle of the restaurant and you could clearly see the food being prepared and cooked...

Back