Legal apprenticeship: any tips on trying to find a trainee solicitor job

so you're the "I'd love to help those poor shareholders get every penny from Anglo type"? Fairplay.
I got an acknowledgment of receipt of CV letter back in late October but nothing since.

Hey, has anyone applied to Malcomson Law? Their closing date was wednesday 28th of Jan. How long after the closing date do firms usually start calling for interview?

Hey, has anyone applied to Malcomson Law? Their closing date was wednesday 28th of Jan. How long after the closing date do firms usually start calling for interview?

I applied to them but i haven't heard anything back from them except for an acknowledgement email.

MOP are advertising a Trainee Solicitor position. The catch? Must have 5 years Legal Exec experience.

http://jobbank.fas.ie/servlet/Watis?SESS=1932_26&SERVICE=CRITERIUMBROWSE&TEMPLATE=WWW_JS_VAC_CRITERIUM_BROWSE.HTM&ROW=142&BACK=TEMPLATE%3DWWW_JS_VAC_CRITERIUM_OVERVIEW.HTM

I applied to them but i haven't heard anything back from them except for an acknowledgement email.

I didn't even get an acknowledgment email. Maybe I'll call them to make sure they received my application...

AHA! So thats why nobody in my faculty got an interview with them!! Finally! Its all starting to make sense!! kudos to them for finally revealing the criteria

My apologies, i didn't get an acknowledgement email. I got a response to a query i sent them. Sorry!! But it's no harm to follow up on these things.

Can't believe MOPs are advertising again and asking for 5 years experience is a bit much. Normally places ask for 2 or 3 years tops.

I had an interview with them last year - was waiting 45 minutes as the previous interview ran on, I was interviewed by at least 3 people (there may have been a forth in the room, not sure) and they told me they'd get back to me "in due course" - nearly 10 months later.. haven't heard a thing!!

hope that illustrates their ethos with regard to getting back to people.

My apologies, i didn't get an acknowledgement email. I got a response to a query i sent them. Sorry!! But it's no harm to follow up on these things.

Can't believe MOPs are advertising again and asking for 5 years experience is a bit much. Normally places ask for 2 or 3 years tops.

May I ask - have you 5 years experience? Seems ridiculous to be honest except in the rare occasion where people have been working in this role then go on to do FE1's.. maybe not so unusual - hmm either way.. I might throw my CV in!

May I ask - have you 5 years experience? Seems ridiculous to be honest except in the rare occasion where people have been working in this role then go on to do FE1's.. maybe not so unusual - hmm either way.. I might throw my CV in!

no i don't have any where near that amount of experience. i'm only been out of college a year and a half and i'm not in a firm so i only have de facto legal experience from my current job.

who are sending out rejection letters? speaking of which i neither got an interview nor a rejection email from LK Shields and i applied!! what's going on there?

no i don't have any where near that amount of experience. i'm only been out of college a year and a half and i'm not in a firm so i only have de facto legal experience from my current job.

who are sending out rejection letters? speaking of which i neither got an interview nor a rejection email from LK Shields and i applied!! what's going on there?

LK Shields did get back. They are not taking on this year. They sent an email saying thanks for applying. Everyone I know got the same reply saying you defo made the top 10% and should apply again next year. Nice to hear but probs not true.

well they did not reply to me. the only reason i knew they were contacting people was from the thread on boards.ie. i remember filling in their online form etc but i wonder how good their new system is as i'm now thinking they didn't get my application. not to worry seeing as they aren't hiring in the first place.

did anyone see that A&L are looking for 45 voluntary redundancies? it's on the IT website today

BCM HW rejections are out.There's a blast from the past.Anyway, I don't have "the skills or qualifications" they deem necessary for the role.Funny that because I did last year when I got an interview...

How many interviews did you do with BCM? did you get to final round stage?

Back