Lease agreement/standard of building

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bazz777

Hi guys,
New member here and I know theres a thread on 'noise pollution' but my query doesn't really fit in there.Basically I'd really appreciate some advice.Here it goes,I'm a student who just moved into (college owned but privately run?)student accomodation,a 4 bedroom apartment with other guys.I signed a lease that takes me up to the summer and paid the full rent upfront which was very expensive.Problem is the standard of the building here,the walls may aswell not exist,and yep,i know students hardly have a reputation for being quiet,loud music etc but allowing for that is still seems ridiculous to me.
For example.lying in my my (fixed) bed I can hear my flatmate in the bathroom nextdoor,and not just the flush(eww).I can perfectly hear a conversation 3 rooms away and hear every heavy fire door in the entire (huge) building slamming at any given time.I dont mean to sound like a whinger or whatever but are buildings supposed to have some sort of minimum insulation or something?None of my neighbours are excessively noisy so i cant complain.All I can think of doing is asking for a total refund from the accomodation office on these grounds.Does anybody think I would stand a chance or are all modern buildings this bad?I did sign a contract etc so am i just stuck with this?
I'd really appreciate a bit of input here,i guess it doesnt sound like a bit deal compared to other problems but ive barely slept for several nights now and its just the beginning of the year!:eek:

Hi Bazz,

Whilst I appreciate your frustration with this problem posting the same post in two forums is in breach of and will lead to duplicated replies. I have, therefore, closed this thread. Please refer any further replies here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back