lawn mowing on a sunday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
next thing he will be saying its inconsiderate to wash ones car at the weekend

never heard such rubbish in all my life , as for reporting , the authorities in this country do nothing about genuine nuisances ( dogs barking or roaming free without collars etc ) let alone made up complaints which have no laws

Unless the Sunday in question has been the only dry day in a while and further wet weather is forecast, I'd consider mowing the lawn on a Sunday to be ignorant, inconsiderate and unneighbourly.

Why on earth would it be all that? It's the only day of the week a lot of people are free in the middle of the day to do it. To be honest the kids out playing annoy me more, that racket goes on for hours and hours but I obviously know better than to pass comment on it.

It gets funnier....my dad was out today and bumped into another neighbour who was also visited by the same man as he was mowing his lawn after my dad. This neighbour is three houses away from the neighbour behind! If he wants peace and quiet, let him go live in a village.

Anyway....guards arrived at complainant's house today. My dad didn't call them nor did the other neighbour...turns out the complainant's son was dealing drugs...and was arrested. Maybe he'll have more to worry about now.

Btw my dad being somewhat stubborn has now decided he will mow the grass every sunday from now on and whistle loudly whilst weedingm

Last edited:
Delightful people...the son dealing drugs and the father ranting about people gardening on a Sunday.

I wonder what the bible says about drug-dealing?

You couldn't make it up.

My mam picked up this nugget re the drugs in the local hairdresser. Neighbour on other side apparently has bar in shed and sells homebrew.

And there was me thinking i grew up in leafy castleknock....

On what basis?
There are seven days in the week. For most people Saturday's and Sunday's are days to relax, to chill out, to unwind or (weather permitting) have a friends/family/neighbours over for a cookout (being the Fourth of July please permit me this Americanism).
That leaves five days where there is daylight 'til 10pm. Hey, what about a Tuesday evening? Or is Eastenders on?

I have to admit being on the receiving end of such inconsiderate "neighbourliness" myself where I previously lived. The landlord (or his wife or his son) mowed to lawns. Did it about once every five days, from March to October. Sometimes spread it across three days (an evening, the the following morning, then ran out of fuel, then came back to finish off the following day).
Like I said in my original post, "ignorant".

There are seven days in the week. For most people Saturday's and Sunday's are days to relax, to chill out, to unwind or (weather permitting) have a friends/family/neighbours over for a cookout (being the Fourth of July please permit me this Americanism).
That leaves five days where there is daylight 'til 10pm. Hey, what about a Tuesday evening? Or is Eastenders on?

I have to admit being on the receiving end of such inconsiderate "neighbourliness" myself where I previously lived. The landlord (or his wife or his son) mowed to lawns. Did it about once every five days, from March to October. Sometimes spread it across three days (an evening, the the following morning, then ran out of fuel, then came back to finish off the following day).

Id love to live beside you. I would set my 6hp honda at level 5 cut the grass. I would then set my mower to level 4 and cut the grass.
I would then set my mower to level 3-------------.LoL

I cannot disagree more with your post. The OP clearly stated why sundays had been chosen. Rather ignorant to ignore it - never mind working people who come home late in the evening tired after a long day and leave errands like this to the weekend. Serious lack of empathy being demonstrated here.

You think until 10 p.m. is ok for mowing on a weekday, don't go near the parenting forums so with the giving out about people mowing after 8 p.m. waking the little darlings who are gone to bed :)

10pm on a weekday is okay to mow a lawn but Sunday afternoon isn't...interesting.

Is coveting your neighbour's wife still off limits? Or only on a Sunday?

This is incredible stuff. Is it a windup?

Coveting or covering? I'm familiar with the later (slang for "the ride") but the former escapes me.

Id love to live beside you. I would set my 6hp honda at level 5 cut the grass. I would then set my mower to level 4 and cut the grass.
I would then set my mower to level 3-------------.LoL
Really? Though my landlord and his family were ignorant you just read bitter and nasty.

Despite my annoyance at their behaviour, and my grave reservations about the landlord's son giving his eight year old daughter spins (more ignorance) on their Honda ride-on while mowing our lawn, when she did fall off I did drive them to the A&E (landlords son banned from driving for two years; had sold his car). Unfortunately for the poor girl, she lost her foot. The blade ripped her flesh and shattered her bone above the ankle.
Apparently, the blade was in shocking condition. Had the mower blade been sharp and well maintained (yet more ignorance) it could have been a clean cut and the leg re-attached.

Not sure if I'd do this for your daughter though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back