Kitchen cabinets spray painting

Thirsty

Normally painting is a job I happily take on myself, but for various reasons that's not possible just now.

Looking for a recommendation for a company to paint kitchen cabinets. Plenty of websites coming up on google (and some of them have exactly the same photos!), but nothing like personal experience.

Any one have this done recently?

Last edited:
We had http://www.decorating.ie/ spray all our kitchen cabinets a year back and they did an excellent job. Not cheap (but then again I don't know the going rate) but certainly an excellent outcome.

They were recommended to me by a painter we had painting our house and even my father who is in the building trade commented that their work was very good.

They were also good people to deal with, you could trust them which helps.

Last edited:
Thanks for that - I checked out the website & I'll ask them to quote.

As an aside, I'm always wary of a business that has nothing but mobile numbers and non-domain email addresses; but perhaps they'll have more info when they quote.

I find most tradespeople don't really have websites at all, even many SME's cant do it right either.

I used and found the service great, they also done a friend of mines kitchen after they seen mine finished.

Can go to see there showroom to see the colours and what the finish would look like.

Thanks Robbie - do you mind saying how many cabinets you had & how much it cost?

A word of warning with this,

Toxic fumes will fill the house/Apt, These are not painted with a water based paint system like cars etc are, Chemicals are used which have been banned in the motor industry for obvious reasons. Although a reputable company will use a extraction system/Blower, you really need to be out of the property for at least 24hrs with full ventilation.

Also, the Employee carrying out the work is putting themselves at great risk, The excuse of a breathing apparatus used is really quite shocking, and this would be one of the more well known companys.

I have first hand experience with this, as the other half arranged it some months ago, and being inquisitive about the operation, I hung around.

Yes, it looks great, but at what cost to your health. I would expect the EPA will crack down on the methods used in this practice in the very near future.

Interesting, I never knew that. Thankfully we were out of the house for 5 days as had a lot of work going on.

The guys we used actually took off our kitchen cabinet doors and took them away for spraying, I wonder was it for those reasons about toxic fumes?

Same here re- taking the doors and drawers away, but it's the carcasses, which are painted in situ.
I kid you not, these fumes are toxic.

Ls400 - take your point re safety, would you recommend company in terms of work done?

Can anyone give me a round figure for cost / no. of cabinets?

I haven't yet settled on a company, just getting quotes at the min. But all the ones I've talked to so far have said they use Colortrend or Farrow & Ball paints. They could be having me on, but given that they've told me I can choose any colour from those ranges, I can't imagine they are fibbing.

LS400 - did you ask the company what paint they used or did you see any of the containers etc.,?

No to be honest, and there was no point in me having a go at the operator carrying out the job, as I should have asked question before they carried out the work.

Dont get me wrong, the job looks great, paid €950 for a large kitchen, but this game really needs to up the anti with H&S, for the property dwellers and, for their own sake as well.

Dont get me wrong, the job looks great, paid €950 for a large kitchen, but this game really needs to up the anti with H&S, for the property dwellers and, for their own sake as well.
€950 might explain the fumes and a possibly cheap paint and similar to that used in the factories that make units.

I was quoted €1600-€1800 for a fairly standard size kitchen, but as above using Farrow and Ball or Fired Earth paints.

We haven't gone ahead yet as its part of a bigger project. (waiting on kbc refund :) )

Was discussing this thread with the other half, and she has fessed up that it was in fact €1600.

she's right, no way would I have agreed to spend that kind money to paint over my birch shaker style units, which weren't cheap.

Costs were never mentioned in the beginning, she knew I had a problem painting such beautiful wood. To me it was sacrilege and went against the grain if you pardon the pun.

Granted, it has brightened up the kitchen as it's now cream in colour, but im a creature of habit, I don't like change, and I fought it for a long time. So when it was put to me, €950 to revamp or a new kitchen, I could part with €950 a lot easier.

I do have to say it again, looks great.

Cute something comes to mind;)

Reactions: Leo
I used a crowd a couple of years ago called All Surface Respray. Circa €750 for a small galley style kitchen. As other posters said they painted the carcesses in situ and took the doors away.

So far so good, the finish is the same as the day they did it and there was a huge colour choice.

Back