"Kilkenny Trust" that makes your mortgage "disappear "!

I don't think that Mr Justice Brian of the Family McGovern will be too impressed.

Looks like he will be introducing them to Edward of the family Whelan.

Just came across this summary from Justice John D Rooke in a 185 page judgement on the issues, courtesy of Wikipedia

An interesting thread and it is unfortunate that these people are seen somehow as the champions of the people against the system. While there appears to be no legal basis for these asset transfers, they can to some extent be regarded as harmless diversions, or even an attempt to assist people avoid the baliffs for a short period. Unfortunately, I have heard of some people who have handed over substantial unencumbered assets to these trusts and also paying the Trust rent rather than paying the money to reduce the Bank debt. This is obviously a serious situation for these unfortunate people as it will compound their financial problems. They may not all be set up to scam people but this is the perception and the eventual outcome for most of their members is likely to be problematic as they are entering a process where they have no Legal protection.

The individuals involved in this trust have generally been seen as 'well-meaning' but misguided and naive. Mr Justice Rooke dealt with that issue in the judgment referred to by Brendan:

'' In his poem Inferno at Cantos 26-30, Dante placed the “evil counsellors” ‑ those who used their position to advise others to engage in fraud, and “the falsifiers” ‑ alchemists, counterfeiters, perjurers, and imposters, into the inner canyons of the eighth circle of hell. As sinners, the evil counsellors and falsifiers were matched by those who induce religious schisms, and surpassed only in fault by oath‑breakers.
Persons who purposefully promote and teach proven ineffective techniques that purport to defeat valid state and court authority, and circumvent social obligations, appear to fall into those two categories. That they do so, and for profit at the expense of naive and vulnerable customers, is worse.

William S. Burroughs in Naked Lunch (New York: Grove Press, 1962, p. 11) wrote: “Hustlers of the world, there is one Mark you cannot beat: The Mark Inside.” I believe that is true for you. At some basic level, you understand that you are selling lies, or at the very most generous, wildly dubious concepts.

It does not matter whether you frame your ‘business’ as a joke, religion, for educational purposes only, or as not being legal advice; your ‘business’ harms your naive or malicious customers, their families, and the innocent persons whom your customers abuse as they attempt to exercise what you have told them are their rights.''

The individuals involved in this trust have generally been seen as 'well-meaning' but misguided and naive.

Hi Hoagy

Who has seen them as well-meaning?

They are trying to help people escape their lawfully incurred mortgages, at the expense of society generally.
They used a mob to forcefully take back a farm which had been repossessed by order of the court.
They are charging €250 a pop and may be putting other unencumbered assets into this trust.

I see nothing "well-meaning" about this.

Brendan

In this thread, for one.

Maybe it's just Jim and Hoagy that see owners of stud farms as 'vulnerable'.

Ah now, you are forgetting that Charlie also sees them as vulnerable.

Seriously though, being asset rich is no guarantee of invulnerability.

This just gets madder.
http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/trust-tells-receivers-to-vacate-debtors-properties-244642.html

I'd like to be there to see how Judge Peter Kelly would deal with this (presuming it ends up in the Commercial Court at some point).

An arrest warrant has been issued for Charles Allen.
http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-of-man-behind-2bn-assets-trust-29617039.html

Bronte;
Seems crazy surely , seems like nonsense to me.
BUT In the Threads I pick up that these (freemen) are acting in good faith.Normally good-faith people have a point.

Let us see what High Court says.
Methinks there will be a twist yet. I see Supreme Court and Constitutional Chllenges here.

BUT In the Threads I pick up that these (freemen) are acting in good faith.Normally good-faith people have a point.

I don't know about this, that freeman are acting in good faith.

In any case good faith people can make a right mess of things, by offering people false hope, by confusing them, by being deceitful, by catering to the desparation of those in trouble.

Allan is making a lot of money from the 'trust' if his 'figures' on the number who have subscribed can be believed. Is Gilroy the one who was renting his apartment and pocketing the rent while paying the bank zero, or have I got the wrong man? Who is McDermot?

The lad pocketing the rent and using rent-a-mob to stop the repossession was Eugene Dooley
http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1016/341938-arrest-eviction-dundalk/

McDermott is the stud farm owner (ordinary people of Ireland!) who used rent a mob recently also
http://www.thejournal.ie/kennycourt-stud-farm-1063806-Sep2013/

Gilroy is the fella who has copyrighted his name (€50k every time you use it!) who ran in the Meath East by-election earlier this year and has'nt paid his mortgage in over 2 years so his accommodation is currently paid for by the Irish taxpayer
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/30/b...tgages-nears-an-end.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&

The lad pocketing the rent and using rent-a-mob to stop the repossession was Eugene Dooley

Thanks Delboy for that, I cannot keep up with everybody. We should have a key post on who is who for this. I'd add Jerry Beades, the guy who stopped an auction, is an ex FF er, and ex property developer.