"Kilkenny Trust" that makes your mortgage "disappear "!

wasn't an attempt to build up suspense! :)

It's a good analysis from Karl. My only criticism is that he outlines the scheme and possibly builds up people's hopes before he says in the middle of a long article

He then sets out 10 reasons for avoiding the scheme.

He should have highlighted that it is nonsense from the very start.

He finishes up with

Mortgage Guy;

I think my question still stands.
Maybe I am a doubting Thomas since everyone states these Boyos are chanchers , yet they are still standing !

I just cannot figure why they have not been stamped on.
Our last few years have been a history of (experts),
Maybe these boyos are not 100% loco !!
Again , just asking.

Hi Gerry

As far as I know, they have never won a legal argument.

The problem is that they are giving false hope to people. There are people out there who are in difficulty but whose mortgages are sustainable if restructured quickly. If people believe that they can escape their debt and hold onto their homes, they will delay dealing with it and the situation will be irrecoverable.

If you are going to lose your home anyway, it might work as a delaying strategy, as it has done for this woman.

"not a single payment made in 3 years" Judge grants possession with 6 month stay

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2013/08/31/taking-it-back/
plenty of pics there from the 'protest' at the Stud far today...incl 1 of the security guard getting some rough treatment

90312233.jpg

The problem is that they are giving false hope to people. There are people out there who are in difficulty but whose mortgages are sustainable if restructured quickly. If people believe that they can escape their debt and hold onto their homes, they will delay dealing with it and the situation will be irrecoverable.

Yes that is the big problem with this, false hope. I have people in Ireland that are not stupid but are quoting me the freeman nonsense and the 'securitization' argument for many months now. They actually really believe it. It's very dangerous. It reminds me of the craziness of the celtic tiger and of pyramid schemes. And while I'm at it - of moving statutes too.

If any of this were true, then no freeman would have gone to jail, but they have, and no one would have to repay what they owe. Ultimately that stud farmer will lose his farm. He signed it away the day he borrowed and was unable to make the repayments.

It will be interesting to see if they ever manage to find themselves a properly qualified brehon to administer their notion of Brehon Law - doubt there has been a qualified practitioner in the country for 500 years! I doubt he would be quite as supportive of their position as they seem to think.

Also curious to see what happens if they get a little too literal with that sword and spear.

Am still going to watch this.
So far Mr Freeman/Mr Behon Law etc has apparently challenged on hopeless cases.
These cases have little else to lose, but SURELY the people they owe money to have LITTLE to lose using the CERTAINTY of their case.

I am around long enough to distrust certainty.

Brendan;

Jest not folks. Come November , come the ghouls and the ghosts!!
Maybe we could hire a few and send them to sort out our friendly and efficient Bankers!!
Failing that , I too must accept Mr Lawyer and Mr Barrister are about as good as we will get.
But still Maybe?

It appears a solicitor acted as a notary for the Trust, but has now severed his ties with them! Did he help them draw up the Trust documentation :eek: ?

http://www.irishexaminer.com/irelan...s-with-contentious-property-trust-242038.html

Dermot Conway was the preferred notary public for the Rodolphus Allen Trust as it took in and leased back properties at sign-in sessions held across Cork during the summer.

Mr Conway’s decision to cease offering notarising services to the trust came after it controversially retook a stud farm in Kildare. The farm had been managed by court-appointed receivers, Savills.

The trust, run by Kilkenny farmer Charlie Allen, has been used by debtors across the country who hope to put properties out of the reach of banks and lenders.

Mr Conway, who is also a solicitor in Cork City, has now stopped providing the services.

I suspect that the appointment of a maritime lawyer was a mistake: they wanted a ship's lawyer.

I think this is on topic because it puts light upon the calibre of individual (previously) associated with the "trust".The very same solicitor has an interesting history.

[broken link removed]

On 29 March 2012, the Solicitors
Disciplinary Tribunal found the respondent solicitor guilty of misconduct in his practice as a solicitor in
that he:

a)Caused a substantial deficit in client monies as of 31 October 2009,
in breach of regulation 7,...

c)Recorded monies in the books
of account as ‘fees’ when no such
fees had been received, so that the
books did not show the true financial position, in breach of regulation 12,...

e) Used client account monies of
€26,000, of monies originally received from one named client and
credited to the client ledger of another named client, to make up a
shortfall in stamp duty in relation
to another third named client,

f) Utilised client monies to pay personal expenditure, in breach of
regulation 7.

Just in case anyone would put much stock in the fact a solicitor/notary is involved.

I'd be increasingly concerned for those buying into this, given the fact it is not openly linked to the Freeman movement and the individuals involved.

Things coming to a head now

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...d-of-putting-receivers-off-land-29569638.html
The receivers have brought a motion seeking to have Mr Gilroy, Mr Allen and Mr McDermott brought before the High Court to explain their alleged contempt.

Mr Gilroy, of Navan, Co Meath, who was a Direct Democracy Ireland candidate in the Meath East by-election, Mr Allen, of Inistioge, Co Kilkenny, and Mr McDermott, of Kennycourt Stud, were not in court yesterday.

Judge McGovern said the matters were very serious, and adjourned them to Friday.

I wonder will Mr Allen claim his trust now owns the land, when he is in court on Friday.

Back