Key Post: Passport issues

You can get an emergency passport. Not sure if it is same day though. Probably takes 2-3 days. As far as I know you need to prove that you need it urgently i.e. proof of travel

Re: Key Post: Passport issues - emergency passport needed?

Hi,
I booked a cheap last minute deal to Lanzarote this evening, fly from Shannon this Sunday (tomorrow!!) at lunchtime however just realised that my passport expires 28th April - do I need to get an emergency one today?

Does that thing of it being in date for 6 months after the return date apply?

Thanks for any advice can't see anything on the Sunway website. Will try to ring them to find out in the morning.

If I do how the heck do you go about getting an emergency passport on a Saturday?

Silvergirl, you are travelling within the EU you should be fine. Have a read what it says on this page
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/travel-and-recreation/travel-abroad/general_tips

I know I was travelling to the UK on a passport with literally days to go! I think that rule applies if you are travelling to the US only. But if in doubt contact the Spanish Embassy:
The Spanish Embassy
17a Merlyn Park
Ballsbridge
Dublin 4
Tel: 01 283 9900/01 269 1640
Fax: 01 269 1854
E.Mail: emb.dublin.inf@mae.es

i am travelling to spain at the end of may for 5 days an my passport is due to run out at the end of june. will i be ok to travel. any help will be appreciated

I imagine you would be ok but to be sure why not give the Spanish Embassy in Dublin a ring: 283 9900