Key Post: Passport issues

Hi all,

My partners dad is travelling on the tenth of feb and has just realised his passport has expired (poor man hasnt been abroad in years).

On the walk to work in the mornings, I always see people queueing outside the office just off Dawson street, (moelsworth street?) is that due to some quick way that you can process a passport in the same day or what?

Is his only answer an emergency passport?

your advice is appreciated!

You can get an emergency passport. Not sure if it is same day though. Probably takes 2-3 days. As far as I know you need to prove that you need it urgently i.e. proof of travel

Re: Key Post: Passport issues - emergency passport needed?

Hi,
I booked a cheap last minute deal to Lanzarote this evening, fly from Shannon this Sunday (tomorrow!!) at lunchtime however just realised that my passport expires 28th April - do I need to get an emergency one today?

Does that thing of it being in date for 6 months after the return date apply?

Thanks for any advice can't see anything on the Sunway website. Will try to ring them to find out in the morning.

If I do how the heck do you go about getting an emergency passport on a Saturday?

Silvergirl, you are travelling within the EU you should be fine. Have a read what it says on this page
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/travel-and-recreation/travel-abroad/general_tips

I know I was travelling to the UK on a passport with literally days to go! I think that rule applies if you are travelling to the US only. But if in doubt contact the Spanish Embassy:
The Spanish Embassy
17a Merlyn Park
Ballsbridge
Dublin 4
Tel: 01 283 9900/01 269 1640
Fax: 01 269 1854
E.Mail: [email protected]

i am travelling to spain at the end of may for 5 days an my passport is due to run out at the end of june. will i be ok to travel. any help will be appreciated

I imagine you would be ok but to be sure why not give the Spanish Embassy in Dublin a ring: 283 9900

Back