KBC KBC told brokers" all fixed rate loans will roll onto trackers on expiry"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another nonsense response today. The apology is nice though:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Good morning

We note that we previously confirmed that your mortgage is currently being considered as part of the ongoing tracker mortgage review. We take this review very seriously and acknowledge that it has taken longer than originally expected.
I appreciate that this might be frustrating for you and apologise for that.

We will be in touch with you when the review has been completed to let you know the outcome. At this point we are expecting that to happen by the end of this year but it is possible that it may take longer than that due to the complexity of the review.

As a customer you don't need to do anything on this.

Regards

They seemed to change their tone, in the afternoon with me

Good afternoon

We note that we previously confirmed that your mortgage account has contributed to our profits in recent years. We take this review very seriously and acknowledge that it has taken longer than originally expected, in account of the amount of the interest that we decided to charge you

I appreciate that this might be frustrating for you and apologise for that.

We will be in touch with you when the review has been completed to let you know the outcome. At this point we are expecting that to happen before segways become mainstream on our sidewalks.

As a customer, sometimes you are right, & sometimes we are wrong, but let us get back to you on that

Regards

Joking aside, consistency would be nice, with all accounts in consideration, getting similar update.

November 22nd and still not a glimmer of a successful restoration of a tracker on any of the KBC threads.

The identified figure were all to be contacted individually by the end of November the 490 plus 200-600 which looks to be the 600 given the 58 million provision and redress was to begin in November also.

They were confident all outstanding cases would be identified by the end of the year.

Next Monday is the last Monday in November...............

Does anyone even believe the postman will arrive in 2017 at this stage...........

I recieved an email yesterday stating that phase 2 has not yet been completed and that i will hear from them in the new year!

@Johen32 If this is the case, you need to immediately send a copy of that email to the Central Bank and the Oireachtas Finance Committee to show that KBC are admitting they will miss yet another deadline. This is totally unacceptable and if you have that in writing you need to pass it on. The 'end of year deadline' set by the Government is extremely serious and missing it could result in fines and sanctions against the bank. A casual disregard for this deadline will be looked on very severely.

I agree with Mauritius, It's not looking good and judging by the comments from KBC that are emerging this will go on into next year, and for how long?

I have been reading the other threads also and nothing much happening with any of the banks. Strange isn't it that they seem to be all stalling at the same time!

I don't believe KBC are quite ready yet and can imagine they are battling it out regarding the additional 600 they have to cough up and sort and the rest!

I got a call yesterday from KBC, they told me I'm no being part of the current review, but if I don't get contacted by the end of the year, I will need to call them early next year to re-check my status; I took my Mortage on Oct 2006 trough a broker from IIB Homeloan, I opted to Fix for the first 3 years, at the end of the fix period, I was moved to a variable rate, my contract as many of yours states: "At the end of the fixed rate the "Lenders prevailing variable rate" will apply

I got a call yesterday from KBC, they told me I'm no being part of the current review, but if I don't get contacted by the end of the year, I will need to call them early next year to re-check my status; I took my Mortage on Oct 2006 trough a broker from IIB Homeloan, I opted to Fix for the first 3 years, at the end of the fix period, I was moved to a variable rate, my contract as many of yours states: "At the end of the fixed rate the "Lenders prevailing variable rate" will apply

Vivian just to clarify! KBC never actually wrote to you and informed you you were part of the review? They just called you? You have a typo! Can you confirm did they say you are or are not being included?

@Lightening, I sent them an email on Tuesday 21st requesting the status of my mortgage loan, I have never contacted them before, I ask them if i was part of the review and explained my case, they haven't replied to my e-mail, instead they called me yesterday morning, around 24 hours after my e-mail, they told me the review is ongoing and I am NOT part of the review, but they are planning to close at the end of this year/beginning of next year, the guy on phone told me if I haven't heard back from then by the end of the year, I should contact them at the beginning of next year and re-check my status. Looks like they may consider me later at some stage (But this wasn't confirm); I haven't received anything on writing from them.

@Lightening
@Mauritius

"Further to your enquiry of 19th November, please note that your account has not been determined to be in scope at this time but that we have not yet concluded Phase 2 of the Tracker Mortgage Review.

We will contact you further in the New Year in this regard and appreciate your patience in the meantime"

So they are not exactly saying they will miss deadline!

Last edited:
Hi @Johen32 thanks for posting the exact wording. I must have misunderstood your previous post. I was very surprised KBC would write to you admitting they won't meet the end of year deadline. That would have been huge statement to make. Any time I speak to them on the phone they give away absolutely nothing !!

@Johen32,Vivian1909,
Thanks for the update.

From my reading of this the numbers of impacted customers already released last month will probably be sorted by year end.

Looks like their review though will not be concluded and this is ongoing.

I note Johen32 and Vivian1909 are not deemed in scope at this time but may be looked at in their ongoing review (their fixed contracts pre date the flyer) while mccoypats94s identical contract "post flyer" is in scope!

@Johen32,Vivian1909,
Thanks for the update.

From my reading of this the numbers of impacted customers already released last month will probably be sorted by year end.

Looks like their review though will not be concluded and this is ongoing.

I note Johen32 and Vivian1909 are not deemed in scope at this time but may be looked at in their ongoing review (their fixed contracts pre date the flyer) while mccoypats94s identical contract "post flyer" is in scope!

Is pats in 'scope ' though lightening? It just hasn't been ruled out of scope yet..
mine is a similar date to his January 07 and they haven't ruled me in or out of being impacted yet despite numerous requests..
I don't like the tone of their emails, we may be finished by year end but if not next year..
they'll be still farting around next summer , I'm certain of it. They are a disgrace

@DamC82
Agree, Pat is included in the review along with the rest of us waiting to hear by end of year. but they have told johen and vivian they are not included at this time and to contact them in the new year to check if their status (of not being included) has changed. KBC did state their review is ongoing so I expect the figures already published to rise.

I believe the majority of confirmed accounts will be contacted by end of year, with the remainder in the new year.

@DamC82
Agree, Pat is included in the review along with the rest of us waiting to hear by end of year. but they have told johen and vivian they are not included at this time and to contact them in the new year to check if their status (of not being included) has changed. KBC did state their review is ongoing so I expect the figures already published to rise.

I believe the majority of confirmed accounts will be contacted by end of year, with the remainder in the new year.

Hope so. Do you think there are people in the review because they drew down after Nov 06 when the communication came to brokers? I have asked why I'm included and that's not the indication they give. Included because I received a loan offer with a tracker

@DamC82
I believe that if you had not of had the offer of a tracker you would still be included. To receive an offer is not the reason I believe as you didn't accept it however you chose to fix after the communication to broker you should have been offered the tracker when fixed expired.

Last week I received an overcharge refund from AIG

Today I received my Irish Water refund.

They say good things come in threes -

I just have a feeling that anything good next week won't involve KBC

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back