KBC KBC told brokers" all fixed rate loans will roll onto trackers on expiry"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Patrick Kissane the only person who takes on these cases? His fee is 1000 + vat to take on a case , which is signifciant especially with no guarantee of winning .
He has done trojan work i believe, however for people already screwed by these banks to lose another 1200 euro if they lost the case could be devastating.
Anybody fighting these cases for a percentage of the potential redress?

Is Patrick Kissane the only person who takes on these cases? His fee is 1000 + vat to take on a case , which is signifciant especially with no guarantee of winning .
He has done trojan work i believe, however for people already screwed by these banks to lose another 1200 euro if they lost the case could be devastating.
Anybody fighting these cases for a percentage of the potential redress?
Plenty of people out there and you can be certain their fees will be a lot higher.

Padraig has built up a wealth of experience over 10 years and knows every type of contract inside out from every institution.

€150 for an initial comprehensive opinion with benefit of 10years indepth experience is exceptionally cheap.

Hi Pat

I presume you are a KBC customer?

When did you make your complaint to them?

What is the basis of your complaint? Tell us a bit about the history of it.

Brendan

OK, I see this from another thread.

Sorry folks excuse my naivety.. the letter just confirmed I'm in the review.. I haven't really followed this closely as I never had a tracker .. fixed from the start in Early 2007.. not really sure If I have any case? I

You are in the review, probably only because Padraic Kissane has been campaigning so actively on this.

You might get a tracker as a result of his work. You might not.

Thousands of people though who didn't even know that they had a chance, will be getting trackers back directly as a result of the work he has done and he won't be getting a red cent from any of them.

At this stage there is no need for you to go to any advisor at this stage until you hear from KBC.

It sounds from what you say that you have little chance of a tracker, so there is no point in paying anyone money to confirm that.

If you do have a genuine case, then Padraic is by far the best person. I am sure you will be able to get someone else to look at it for €800 but they won't have an idea what to look for.

Brendan

It sounds from what you say that you have little chance of a tracker, so there is no point in paying anyone money to confirm that.

Thanks Brendan, that's exactly my feeling on the situation.
Surely if one is entitled to redress it will come ones way ?
or is it a case that representation is required to fight a case, that's what I'm struggling to comprehend.
I'm in no way trying to diminish anybody's work in bringing this to light, or question his experience and knowledge , throwing good money after bad is what I don't wish to do.

If you do have a genuine case, then Padraic is by far the best person. I am sure you will be able to get someone else to look at it for €800 but they won't have an idea what to look for.

Brendan

Brendan mccoypat94 received his confirmation "he is in the review letter" beginning November. At this late stage I wasn't aware of KBC still sending out these letters and if they are it's because these accounts were missed for some reason and need to be included.

I presume he had a three year fixed which is covered in detail on this thread. At the end of the fixed he should have rolled to tracker.

Last edited by a moderator:
€150 for an initial comprehensive opinion with benefit of 10years indepth experience is exceptionally cheap.

I'm not disputing that.
He runs a business and his time is not free no more than yours or mine. He is entitled to charge for his services and more power to him making hay after years of battling to get this far.
I'm sure he's inundated with many time wasters especially in the last two months .
However I didn't reference the 150.

I'm not disputing that.
He runs a business and his time is not free no more than yours or mine. He is entitled to charge for his services and more power to him making hay after years of battling to get this far.
I'm sure he's inundated with many time wasters especially in the last two months .
However I didn't reference the 150.
Exactly - you didn't reference that the initial fee of just 150 would then give you the necessary information to make an educated decision whether its worth proceeding to a more comprehensive study.

@brendan
Agree! However the fact that he has just received a letter, fixed in early 2007, has the appropriate wording in his contract, he has a good case.

Hi lightening, in Jan 2010 we rolled into a variable rate with no option of tracker. Prevailing variable rate is in our loan offer, which I believe cases are being built on. However as Brendan suggests it highly unlikely our case will result In getting a tracker

@Brendan Burgess

It was johen32 that referenced the 150 fee.

His relative took out a fixed in2005 exact same wording as mccoypat94.
However mccoypat94 is after the launch of the communication to brokers November 2006.

Johen32's contact has been told by KBC they do not have a case. He believed therefore it is not worth speculating 150 on persuing this.

presume he had a three year fixed which is covered in detail on this thread. At the end of the fixed he should have rolled to track

I called kbc last Thursday to query why my account was in the review seeing that I never had a tracker

The reason they explained was nothing do to with the flyer .
It is because my original loan offer had a tracker which i then instructed the broker to request a fixed term. KBC say All tracker loan offers are included in the review.

As Brendan said that doesn't mean they are deemed impacted by the CB or KBC.
I don't think the flyer will have any impact, having read quite a bit about it now..

ok so on another thread on 1st Nov 2017 you said this"

Hello all. Im late to the party on this. Ive received a letter today from KBC to say im impacted. what should I do?

On 5th nov
"Sorry folks excuse my naivety.. the letter just confirmed I'm in the review.. I haven't really followed this closely as I never had a tracker .. fixed from the start in Early 2007"

Today you say this;
"I called kbc last Thursday to query why my account was in the review seeing that I never had a tracker

It is because my original loan offer had a tracker which i then instructed the broker to request a fixed term. KBC say All tracker loan offers are included in the review.

"As Brendan said that doesn't mean they are deemed impacted by the CB or KBC.
I don't think the flyer will have any impact, having read quite a bit about it now.."

unquote

For someone who is just a new member, and wrongly stated on AAM that you were impacted (because you didn't not what your letter meant and seem to very little knowledge on this subject ) your statement on the "flyer" is your opinion only.

In yr case if KBC had a chat with you on Thursday and stated you are being included in the review because you had a tracker Loan offer prior to fixing that is the reason they have given you "in your case only".

(Have reposted due to couple of typos apologies)

ok so on another thread on 1st Nov 2017 you said this"

Hello all. Im late to the party on this. Ive received a letter today from KBC to say im impacted. what should I do?

On 5th nov
"Sorry folks excuse my naivety.. the letter just confirmed I'm in the review.. I haven't really followed this closely as I never had a tracker .. fixed from the start in Early 2007"

Today you say this;
"I called kbc last Thursday to query why my account was in the review seeing that I never had a tracker

"As Brendan said that doesn't mean they are deemed impacted by the CB or KBC.
I don't think the flyer will have any impact, having read quite a bit about it now.."

unquote

For someone who is just a new member, and wrongly stated on AAM that you were impacted (because you didn't know what your letter meant and seem to have very little knowledge on this subject ) your statement on the "flyer" is your opinion only.

In yr case if KBC had a chat with you on Thursday and stated you are being included in the review because you had a tracker Loan offer prior to fixing that is the reason they have given you "in your case only".

What's your point lightning? Of course it's my case only, they are hardly going to discuss someone else's with me .
I may not be following this as long as your good self, however I have tuned in in the past two weeks and am reasonably well informed now

I've read through your posts and you seem to put significance on the flyer .
Yes it is my opinion that the flyer won't be worth diddly squat on its own.. if I'm wrong and I get a tracker and redress happy days but I won't be betting on it.
Brendan doesn't seem to believe the flyer is significant either

However! It is what it is and it's significant to those that fixed at the time.

Btw I didn't start on a fixed rate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back