KBC KBC statement on tracker redress

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drew down Feb. 2008 and never offered a tracker at any stage, I rang KBC last week and was told I was definitely impacted and would receive a letter by end of January-still no sign of it. By all accounts the letters people are receiving this week are just stalling for more time and mine will probably be the same, its so infuriating-are KBC the only ones dragging their heals on this all the other tracker forums relating to AIB,BOI ETC seem to be getting results?

This is progress that they are actually stating on the phone whether you are impacted or not.

I drew down on a fixed rate June 08. I am in scope, but cannot get any further clarity.
Kbc are getting frustrated with me when I continue to ring for updates.
They seem to be making things up as the weeks pass.
Il ring them again today and keep the pressure on!!!

Yes nearly sure fixed for two years , I have requested a copy of my loan offer as I cant find it in the house but nearly sure fixed

Yes nearly sure fixed for two years , I have requested a copy of my loan offer as I cant find it in the house but nearly sure fixed

From KBCs recent statement on impacted cohorts You are impacted, but have not received one of the above letters.

I received a letter as well yesterday. It is an absolute disgrace with the IF ANY comment and they have also clearly left it open that the March and June will not be met. They even have the nerve to say contact them if you haven't received anything.

Like @Lightening I have been fighting this since 2009 and I have many letters from them over the years telling me I'm an idiot and they are correct. I don't even know what to do with this letter.....I could ring up this customer service team but they haven't got a clue as it is Deloitte who is running the show.

100% agreed PJDcol disgraceful the way they are treating people, this is my fourth mortgage and first with them I have had nothing but trouble with them since the beginning.

Hi, I'm totally new to this - we received a letter yesterday from KBC stating our mortgage is considered as being impacted as part of the Tracker Examination. We drew down our main mortgage in mid 06. I have our loan offer and we drew down on a tracker - the rate was 2.95% I'm ex KBC staff so I remember back then the staff tracker was 0.95% above ECB. Our loan offer states the letter of offer is a variable interest rate and may vary. The interest rate shall be no more than 0.95% above the prevailing ECB Main Refinancing Operations Minimum Bid Rate for the term of the mortgage. In the event, or at any time the REFL rate is certified by the Lender to be unavailable for any reason - the rate applicable to the loan shall be prevailing Home Loan Variable Rate.
In Mid 07, we topped our mortgage up twice. Due to interest rates rising, we decided to fix 2 portions of our mortgage - the main mortgage and one of the top up loans leaving 1 portion on the tracker. We fixed for 2 years and rolled to the standard variable rate and have remained on that rate since.
In 2013, we ran into financial difficulties. My husband, the sole earner at this stage, was made redundant. Our repayments on a 310k mortgage at this stage were an eye-watering 2k per month which we met prior to the redundancy. KBC pursued us relentlessly for the arrears that almost bordered on harassment. At one stage, we considered giving the house back but decided to fight to keep it because we have a small family.
We have since restructured our mortgage with KBC on a 50/50 warehouse split. Half our mortgage has been parked and any arrears capped.
Anyone else in a position where they have been in arrears with KBC and are now deemed as being impacted as part of Tracker Examination. Our credit rating is also in tatters as a result of the arrears and restructuring. Thanks for your help.

Just rang there and was told no more letters to be sent out ,and im not scheduled to get one.

Im "in scope of review" as ive know for 2 years, but no note to say im impacted as of yet at least .

No white smoke from KBC for me at the time being .
Had a variable for short period on draw down in 2006 , moved quickly to tracker then fixed for 5 years in april 2007...........

Was hoping to get one of those letters .......to at least say I was impacted

Just rang there and was told no more letters to be sent out ,and im not scheduled to get one.

Im "in scope of review" as ive know for 2 years, but no note to say im impacted as of yet at least .

No white smoke from KBC for me at the time being .
Had a variable for short period on draw down in 2006 , moved quickly to tracker then fixed for 5 years in april 2007...........

Was hoping to get one of those letters .......to at least say I was impacted

When in 06 did you draw down?

July 06 i believe , so had variable then tracker til april 07,rates were shooting up letters coming in door so fixed .

They cant have all the letters sent already im hoping .

She said they would all have been received yesterday ...

are you in any of the cohorts they release on christmas week. I believe I am in the 650 PDH Nov 06- Feb 08, but not a dickie in the post or by email

I would have thought i was one of the first grouping 1907 in the december update , Converted from tracker to another rate post drawdown up to july 2008.

Who knows what cohort anyones in, better to be in one that out !

See what happens next few weeks

I got a letter yesterday and my case sounds similar to yours. Drew down on tracker mid 06 and took out fixed rate mid 2007 for 2 years when rates on the rise. Do you have your loan offer? Mine says the letter of offer is a variable interest rate and may vary. The interest rate shall be no more than 0.95% above the prevailing ECB Main Refinancing Operations Minimum Bid Rate for the term of the loan and the event of it being unavailable the rate applicable to the loan shall be prevailing Home Loan Variable Rate.
Is there a chance the tracker rate will be restored?

"Is there a chance the tracker rate will be restored?"

You'll be watching me drive up outside the KBC building with a bulldozer, on the RTE news, if not!
I love the contradictory tone of yesterday's letter. We've identified your impacted, but sure we'll have to see about the redress and compensation (IF ANY).

Ha, I'm sure there would be plenty cheering you on :) The letter yesterday came as a bolt out of the blue, not expecting it all. I hadn't really paid much attention to the tracker review process before this, getting up to speed now. Seems like its a wait and see game now even though we are both within the scope of the review and included within a group of accounts considered as being impacted.

great news! glad to hear,your eyes are out for it! Whats your cohort, was it announced Oct or December?

Just to update(I posted yesterday to say I received the letter) I got a call back from KBC Tracker team today as I called looking for an update earlier this week. The caller acknowledged the letter and noted that I'm in the Group of accounts considered as impacted at that point I asked them to confirm my Direct debit will now be amended to my Tracker amount, however they went on to say that it does not mean I am 100% "Impacted" but its more likely I am than before. It will be March before they can confirm this for sure they reckon and no change before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back