KBC KBC statement on tracker redress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah Lightening! I know the mechanics of a tracker!!

However I didnt specifically see on that flyer that 0.9 related to 500k plus LTV <80%. My bad..

In any case the .9 isnt relevant to me.

Any sign of the postman with anything of note!?

No white smoke yet:(

Ah Lightening! I know the mechanics of a tracker!!

However I didnt specifically see on that flyer that 0.9 related to 500k plus LTV <80%. My bad..

In any case the .9 isnt relevant to me.

Any sign of the postman with anything of note!?

Regardless they were giving in the region of .95 st the time in general

I rang KBC today. I was told, once again, that I'm not in scope at present, but could be in the future and to call them back at the end of January if I haven't heard from them. Are many other people getting this line?
I was told this also just via email

Ah, ok, you got the same line as me. From what I can remember, our situations are the same. If we were totally out of it, surely they'd just tell us there's no chance? Then again, who knows with this crowd!

Opinions please
1. Drew down in dec 2005 and fixed for 3 years, contract states i will roll onto lender's prevailing variable rate, no other special conditions etc. Is there a chance im in scope?
2. Even though i have all my original mortgage documentation i requested it all again from Kbc. In what i recieved the loan offer seems to be missing any mention of prevailing variable rate which is mentioned in my originals! Strange! Thoughts?
Many thanks

Hi Johen32

Could I ask was a document missing from the copy? Or was some of the wording in the replacement documents omitted, Or edited.

This would be a serious ethics breach if the replacement was altered. Not to mention an illegal act by alteration to a contract document.

I would contact the bank and ask for a written confirmation that the copy document you have recently is an exact copy of the original.

In a case of Tort law, KBC. coukd declare it was a clerical error. But not if you ask them to clarify verbally or in writing. If it’s a verbal confirmation get the name of the person on the other end of the phone. And then ask if there supervisor could concur.

As for your first part don’t know the answer, but think you should be covered on part 1 of the flyer. Because the Discounted Variable Rate was discontinued from 8th November 2006, so what else was there to roll onto on expiry of your fixed rate on dec 2008.

But saying this there where no trackers available in Dec 2008. Yours is an unusual timing.

Opinions please
1. Drew down in dec 2005 and fixed for 3 years, contract states i will roll onto lender's prevailing variable rate, no other special conditions etc. Is there a chance im in scope?
2. Even though i have all my original mortgage documentation i requested it all again from Kbc. In what i recieved the loan offer seems to be missing any mention of prevailing variable rate which is mentioned in my originals! Strange! Thoughts?
Many thanks

Johen32
If you are saying your original contract has been altered this is very serious.

Can you recheck your original contract and that of the contract KBC has recently sent you. As a matter of interest what does it say that you roll on to IE

"At expiry of your fixed rate the ..... rate will apply"?

Hi Johen32

Could I ask was a document missing from the copy? Or was some of the wording in the replacement documents omitted, Or edited.

This would be a serious ethics breach if the replacement was altered. Not to mention an illegal act by alteration to a contract document.

I would contact the bank and ask for a written confirmation that the copy document you have recently is an exact copy of the original.

In a case of Tort law, KBC. coukd declare it was a clerical error. But not if you ask them to clarify verbally or in writing. If it’s a verbal confirmation get the name of the person on the other end of the phone. And then ask if there supervisor could concur.

As for your first part don’t know the answer, but think you should be covered on part 1 of the flyer. Because the Discounted Variable Rate was discontinued from 8th November 2006, so what else was there to roll onto on expiry of your fixed rate on dec 2008.

But saying this there where no trackers available in Dec 2008. Yours is an unusual timing.

Good advice re the documents! Await to hear clarification from Johen32 if KBC have altered his original contract and will be interesting to hear what the replacement roll off wording is!!

Re last comment and kbcs statement
"c. 650 PDH (Private Dwelling Home) mortgage accounts are now also identified as impacted. These related to new mortgage applications in the period November 2006 to February 2008 that drew down their mortgage on a fixed rate with a roll off to a standard variable rate. While these customers were never on a tracker rate, KBC has decided to offer these PDH customers a tracker rate product if the account is still open"
This cohort had a commitment to roll to tracker from the outset because of the communication to brokers. The fact that KBC pulled the plug on trackers mid 2008 Didn't change that which is why they are applying the cut off dates. (It's from when you applied and drew down on a fixed counts)

If I broke early from my fixed rate KBC should still have offered the tracker. At the end of the fixed rate KBC should have offered the tracker.

Likewise the 571 customers that were returned to tracker 2010. No tracker product at that time either but they had their commitment in their original documents and material/environment surrounding the product available at time of drawdown.

This cohort has not been fully revealed by KBC but I believe they were fixed from outset and rolled to the lender's prevailing variable rate.

The first statement KBC made last week October re numbers affected (which rose dramatically December) made no mention of cohorts. The cohorts affected are not as concrete as other banks. This seems to be a degree of chopping and changing of cohorts here.
This gives a picture that the numbers affected by KBC are going to rise further.

Good advice re the documents! Await to hear clarification from Johen32 if KBC have altered his original contract and will be interesting to hear what the replacement roll off wording is!!

Re last comment and kbcs statement
"c. 650 PDH (Private Dwelling Home) mortgage accounts are now also identified as impacted. These related to new mortgage applications in the period November 2006 to February 2008 that drew down their mortgage on a fixed rate with a roll off to a standard variable rate. While these customers were never on a tracker rate, KBC has decided to offer these PDH customers a tracker rate product if the account is still open"
This cohort had a commitment to roll to tracker from the outset because of the communication to brokers. The fact that KBC pulled the plug on trackers mid 2008 Didn't change that which is why they are applying the cut off dates. (It's from when you applied and drew down on a fixed counts)

If I broke early from my fixed rate KBC should still have offered the tracker. At the end of the fixed rate KBC should have offered the tracker.

Likewise the 571 customers that were returned to tracker 2010. No tracker product at that time either but they had their commitment in their original documents and material/environment surrounding the product available at time of drawdown.

This cohort has not been fully revealed by KBC but I believe they were fixed from outset and rolled to the lender's prevailing variable rate.

The first statement KBC made last week October re numbers affected (which rose dramatically December) made no mention of cohorts. The cohorts affected are not as concrete as other banks. This seems to be a degree of chopping and changing of cohorts here.
This gives a picture that the numbers affected by KBC are going to rise further.

Lightening, sorry for sounding a bit stupid, but I'm still very confused on this. I know they have identified the cohort of affected PDHs from 2006 to 2008 because of the flyer, but what if the exact same thing that was said to the brokers (re fixed rate reverting to tracker) was in contracts drawn up in 2005?? Should that not mean that we have a case? I fixed in May 2005 for three years. Trackers were still being offered in May 2008, or do I have that wrong? Should I not have been offered one if it had said so in my contract? Or am I flogging a dead horse?

Hi All

My latest communication from KBC

You should now be in receipt of our letter to confirm that your mortgage account is included within a group of accounts considered ‘as being impacted’ as part of the Tracker Examination. We are still working to determine the extent of the impact (if any) on your individual mortgage account. We will revert to you once we have completed a full review of your mortgage account, to inform you of any financial redress and/or compensation is due to you.

Thank you for your continued patience in this matter.

Not a fan of their terminology which completely seems to contradict the pre Christmas statements.

'If any ' what the hell does that mean, its either in or out.. dreadful treatment by KBC

It’s interesting, would say it a safety valve, and am assuming they have send clarification requests to CB.

Where a question arises they will request further information from CB.

I would think KBC are pealing affected customers like an onion. Hoping they they don’t have to peal another lare.

Lightening, sorry for sounding a bit stupid, but I'm still very confused on this. I know they have identified the cohort of affected PDHs from 2006 to 2008 because of the flyer, but what if the exact same thing that was said to the brokers (re fixed rate reverting to tracker) was in contracts drawn up in 2005?? Should that not mean that we have a case? I fixed in May 2005 for three years. Trackers were still being offered in May 2008, or do I have that wrong? Should I not have been offered one if it had said so in my contract? Or am I flogging a dead horse?

The communication dated November 2006 is important as we have known all along.

Prior to this I can't comment. Padraic Kissane is the man for this.

Hi All

My latest communication from KBC

You should now be in receipt of our letter to confirm that your mortgage account is included within a group of accounts considered ‘as being impacted’ as part of the Tracker Examination. We are still working to determine the extent of the impact (if any) on your individual mortgage account. We will revert to you once we have completed a full review of your mortgage account, to inform you of any financial redress and/or compensation is due to you.

Thank you for your continued patience in this matter.

Ambiguous as usual!

Will post tonight with exact wording...house upside down since xmas so will have to root it all out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back