KBC KBC statement on tracker redress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear sirs,
We refer to the rate condition of our letter of offer (1st may 2008). Prior to negotiating the loan cheque, we would be most obliged if you could advise the borrowers that their tracker (4.99)rate has changed to (5.69), with effect from 3rd June 2008.
A letter advising the borrowers of the revised repayments will follow in the post.
Yours sincerely,
New business department

Did you have a previous offer of a tracker? Then drew down on a fixed?

The first correspondence I have on file says the following on June 11 2008:

We refer to the above and in particular to the Variable rates condition of our Letter of Offer dated 28/05/2008 to negotiating the Loan Cheque, we would be obliged if you could advise the Borrower, that their variable rate has changed to 5.65%.

From what I can see I was never offered a tracker loan. I started on a variable. I’m sending my documents to Padraig Kissane when I get my DTR.

I rang KBC today. I was told, once again, that I'm not in scope at present, but could be in the future and to call them back at the end of January if I haven't heard from them. Are many other people getting this line?

@grock1982 and Tolkaboy

I don't believe at all that these letters were sent in error. In actual fact this wording (varied depending on product) was used by IIB/KBC when the rate increased from time of the original letter of offer and the drawdown date.

Perhaps in Tolkaboys case they were pulling the plug on the tracker but Padraic Kissane having the experience of seen many contracts by KBC and correspondence from the bank will know by the rates quoted etc so suggest to contact his office.

Definitely not an error as I have seen similar and the info quoted is relative to those individual accounts.

Lightening, I'm just wondering how you think these letters were not sent in error and what's the significance if that?

@grock1982

There are only a few KBC account holders on AAM. Several have referred to them. That's a good percentage. Multiply that by number of accounts holders 2006,2007, 2008 and I believe there would be many more.

Suggest you forward it to Padraic Kissane.

Thanks lightening, hopefully there will be no need to forward anything to padraic. Based on the conversation yesterday with the tracker team, things might turn out just fine.

Can someone help here.
Fixed from start with Kbc, in March 2006 for 3 years, contract
says (at the expiry of the fixed rate period the lenders prevailing variable rate will apply) Should this have gone to tracker or svr any help on this

Hi Darn40

I think you are in the same boat as the rest of us.

The wording of your contract and how it is being interpreted by KBC! and the CBs instructions to KBC to review their fixed rate and former tracker customers!

As lightening says, hopfully the flood gates will open shortly, as people get offers and what category they are.

We all have skin in the game, the key is At what point will Dervela Roland be happy with KBCs efforts.

The advantage for the potentially affected customers of KBC is this bank has been the most deceptive, the board of the CB has slammed its excuitive officers for damaging the reputation of the CB.

AN EXAMPLE WILL HAVE TO BE MADE OF ONE OF THE BANKS HOPFULLY IT WILL BE KBC AND THE UNDERHANDED WAY IT HAS BEEN DEALING WITH ITS CUSTOMERS.

@ Rakitom
The fact I am pre November 2006 do you think I have less of a chance of getting a tracker

Darn40

I don’t know, I’m feb 2008 and I don’t know either.

All indications suggest I’m part of the 650 cohort.

But only time will tell.

The November flyer suggests that all fixed rates that expire will revert to a tracker. Is all about interpretation.

You started your fixed rate before nov 2006 but it expired after this flyer so in theory you are in.

It does not say all fixed rates from the date of the flyer that expire.

It does say the new product is available from November 8th.

It’s about semantics and interpretation,

So who knows yet there is still more plays in this saga,

Attachments

• 4B6D7443-8D7A-4641-9321-AF1F9FAD77B4.jpeg
    4B6D7443-8D7A-4641-9321-AF1F9FAD77B4.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 261
Darn40

The more I read the flyer.

It’s in two parts.

Part 1) fantastic news. All fixed rate customers will roll onto an Tracker.
150k>= 1.24 %
150k< = 1.40%

Part 2) new tracker product 0.9% from November 8th 2006

I’m guessing you are part 1. Depending on how much you borrowed.

And loans after 8th Nov 2006 could be between 1 & 2,

If you borrowed 500k or not you are in part 2, if LTV is less than 80% then you are in part 2.

Otherwise you can argue you are part of part 1.

That’s what my limited brain is reading. There are two separate offerings here.

Not sure if others agree.

From the flyer,

Discounted variable rate, (this product is now discontinued)

Is fairlyvself explanatory. That’s to me.

:):)
Sorry Guys, Am I missing something with this flyer, what does the 0.9 relate to?
Hi DamC82

Forgive me but the guy on the bus came to mind! The ad was bang on!
And believe me I have come a long way in the last few years !:)

It's the margin above the ECB. Eg; Roll off rate is .90pc above ECB (today ECB is at zero percent) only for loans greather than 500k ltv less than 80pc.
This is the second fixed rate offer on the communication to brokers.

The first fixed rate offer is for all fixed from drawdown (post Nov 07 2006) above 150k roll off is 1.25
Below 150k roll off is 1.40 above ECB.

Hi lightening,

Not sure if I’m getting it right.

But the first part of the flyer just indicates fixed to rollover to tracker, Should this not be supported bubtge fact they discontinued the discounted variable rate.

I think this is the question a lot of posters are interested in.

Seems to me the new product started on 8th nov 2008,

And all fixed should role to a tracker because the Discounted variable was discontinued 8th nov 2008.

Therefore people on fixed at the time of the flyer had no other option but to role onto a tracker as there was no discounted variable available from 8th nov 2008,

I’m sure I’ve made this sound confusing, it’s my opinion that’s all. It does not count for much.

Ah Lightening! I know the mechanics of a tracker!!

However I didnt specifically see on that flyer that 0.9 related to 500k plus LTV <80%. My bad..

In any case the .9 isnt relevant to me.

Any sign of the postman with anything of note!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back