KBC KBC says I am not impacted

Anyone requesting paperwork form KBC needs to fill out an access request form - Its available online - I cant post the link here for some reason, this form needs to be filled out & posted to KBC, you also need to include payment of €6.35....

Just a quick question for some who may know. When bank sends or e-mails copy of a document or a piece of correspondence is it always on headed paper or do they send blank template letters. Also when signed is there normally a name block in print to show signature.

That's unusual because I rang kbc this morning and they said that they still reviewing my account. I fixed in June 08. They are giving this line with the past few months. I have the same special condition in my contract.
I spoke with tracker team this morning and they said that any account deemed impacted has been contactedited athe this stage, however, a couple of accounts have been held back for further investigation. One of these accounts is mine. They said that there will be a few more weeks investigation into it.
There appears to be a grey area around the time frame Feb 08 to July 08, for people who fixed.
Remember that there was no expiry date on the flyer and maybe brokers where still using it as a selling tool right up to the 04 July 08, when iib fully removed the tracker product from market.
Brokers would have made a fortune with getting people to fix during this period (5 year fixed rate 4.99- 5.69%)
Just my humble opinion! !!!!

That's unusual because I rang kbc this morning and they said that they still reviewing my account. I fixed in June 08. They are giving this line with the past few months. I have the same special condition in my contract.
I spoke with tracker team this morning and they said that any account deemed impacted has been contactedited athe this stage, however, a couple of accounts have been held back for further investigation. One of these accounts is mine. They said that there will be a few more weeks investigation into it.
There appears to be a grey area around the time frame Feb 08 to July 08, for people who fixed.
Remember that there was no expiry date on the flyer and maybe brokers where still using it as a selling tool right up to the 04 July 08, when iib fully removed the tracker product from market.
Brokers would have made a fortune with getting people to fix during this period (5 year fixed rate 4.99- 5.69%)
Just my humble opinion! !!!!

Who investigates/reviews the accounts for K.B.C?..........Is it kbc staff or is it Deloitte staff?.

So of its Deloitte staff reviewing each case are still working in favour of the Bank?

Just a quick question for some who may know. When bank sends or e-mails copy of a document or a piece of correspondence is it always on headed paper or do they send blank template letters. Also when signed is there normally a name block in print to show signature.

Got a letter today to say not Impacted. 2005 for year on fixed rate to prevailing rate for 3months after repeated letters fixed 1st of November 2006 for 2years on to svr. Off to the financial regulator with me.

Last edited:
@Wonder Same situation here. In their letter to me they state that I was to 'roll to prevailing variable rate' at the end of the fixed rate period (Nov 2006, I thought it was later, but wasn't), but I chose to fix. That's because I was given the choice of various fixed rates for different lengths of time. I was never put on prevailing variable rate (which I believe to have been the tracker), like my contract stated I should have been. They are playing a very clever game with us.

@Sanparom
Are they trying to say that the
Prevailing variable rate was svr ??
Or are they trying to say it’s because you fixed again ??
We’re you ever in scope ??

I was to roll to lenders prevailing variable rate and they rolled me to svr

They have told me I am not in scope

@stonebroke . No never getting a run around for the last year and a half from them..We lost the property so they are going to fight this all the way. Complint
On hold With financial regulator with a year so waiting for this letter so they can take it forward. Glad to be able to let them deal with it from now on.

@Wonder i don’t think they can prove it
There’s no explanation in my contract as to what the prevailing variable rate is, and no mention of svr either at the very least you would think that they would have to explain what the prevailing variable rate was in the contract

No they can't and i have asked with no reply. But i can prove that my prevailing rate followed the ECB tracker rate in 2006. But guess what kbc say these letters were not scanned to my account, I have kept these letters from that time.

I think Kbc are trying to pull a fast one. Interesting to hear that you have proof of this and have kept the letters.
When did you draw down and did you draw down on a fixed rate I drew down on a fixed rate in March 2006

KBC told me in e-mail last week prevailing rate was the same as SVR but no explanation as to why or how its the same or where it says it. Just a one line saying it was. In this e-mail they also furnished me a series of prevailing rates that tracked the ecb rate at a margin of 1.25 from sept 2005 to Oct 2008.

Kbc are in front of the committee next week why don't you put that question to them via the politicians!

We have seen they have written the wording rolling to "Standard Variable Rate" into some fixed contracts during this period, they have also used the wording "Home Loan Variable Rate,".
Then there is the "lenders prevailing variable rate" which is the same interest rate wording describing the interest rate in my tracker loan offer with the margin set in the special conditions an addendum to the main offer.

Those fixed loans with the lenders prevailing variable rate the margin is set in the broker communication. Outside of the flyer dates it's a grey area that needs to be investigated.

Back