KBC KBC says I am not impacted

Got a mail today to say i am not deemed to have been impacted .

Drew down on variable Jan 2006, moved to tracker for nearly 12 months , (1.1% refi rate for term of loan) , bombarded with unsolicited mails , fixed for 5 years may 2007 , reverting to companys standard rate .

Hoped i would be in the 1907 , clearly not the case . Will have to explore all avenues open to me now .

Drew down on variable Jan 2006, moved to tracker for nearly 12 months , (1.1% refi rate for term of loan) , bombarded with unsolicited mails , fixed for 5 years may 2007 , reverting to companys standard rate .

Hoped i would be in the 1907 , clearly not the case . Will have to explore all avenues open to me now .
That's strange Leighlinboy. I drew down 2005, was on part tracker for a year as well after that and then fixed the whole lot in March 2008. I got the deemed impacted letter. There seems to be a lot of inconsistency in the stories of those on this forum

Thanks for input @Qwerty123 ...

Will have to follow up with Padraic i guess.

Are they rolling back on those December figures , hope they have clear numbers Feb 6th .

Sorry to hear that. Had you previously received the impacted letter?

Has anyone with the wording" prevailing rates" or I.I.B renewal rate got a letter stating that their account is impacted. If everyones contract wording is the same then how can they say some accounts are impacted and some aren't. The Examination Team said that all letters have being send out to impacted customers so why is people still waiting to hear from kbc on their out come?.

Has anyone with the wording" prevailing rates" or I.I.B renewal rate got a letter stating that their account is impacted. If everyones contract wording is the same then how can they say some accounts are impacted and some aren't. The Examination Team said that all letters have being send out to impacted customers so why is people still waiting to hear from kbc on their out come?.

Mine says "at the end of the fixed rate period your loan will revert tot he IIB Homeloanes renewal rate. The IIB home loans renewal rate is a variable rate and may be varied by the lender from time to time" I got my "within scope and considered impacted" letter on Jan 5th letter

@DamC82 we applied to KBC directly in March 2017, drew down in Aug 2017 and received 5th Jan letter deemed impacted.
fixed for 3 years, contract says 'lenders prevailing variable rate will apply'

My case is the same as above, 2007, 3 year fixed , lender’s prevailing rate will apply and got an impacted letter in January.

My contract has the exact same wording as yours shnethb......I am just wondering as I left kbc 18 months ago have anything to do with them telling me that I'm not impacted. I am going to send my documents to Padraic kissane and see what he has to say. I've also asked kbc to explain the reason to me in writing as to why I'm not deemed as impacted.

No that was the first confirmation I had received that I wasn't deemed impacted , have been scope since the beginning and was pressing them for an update ......

Sorry Sanporom, yes, I used a broker, I meant the 2007 date, prevailing rate and 3 ye fixed were the same.
All my dealings were through a broker who is named on my mortgage contract first page.

“ after 3 year fixed you revert to prevailing variable rate. “

We drew down on 1st November 2006
Used a broker to apply for the loan.

Told we were not impacted when I rang today. They said they would send out a letter in next few days.

Rang K.B.C this morning to ask why my account wasn't impacted when I was in the time frame of Nov 06 -Feb 08 and I was a new customer ......the gentleman told not all private dwelling application were impacted in this time frame.

Jazzer1 but he still never answered your question why were you/ they not impacted as your in the time frame and your criteria matches the December statement

Yeah Doyler1 he didn't. He said that they took in thousands of new applicants in that time frame and they are only deeming 650 private dwellings as impacted. But those the Dec statement not say all new applicants in that time frame?. They are moving the goalposts again.

Yes definitely moving the goal posts to avoid a load of customers its disgraceful, I just emailed them again this morning ( emailed a week ago with no reply) requesting a copy all correspondence and documentation related to my account, I also again requested a proper reason for why my account is being excluded from the review as my criteria is in line with their December statement. As soon as I get my documents from them I will then lodge a complaint with the ombudsman.

Doing the same myself Doyler1, I have so lodged a complaint with kbc saying i was in the correct time frame and for them to explain this. If you don't mind let me know what they respond back with.

Same here Jazzer1 lodged a complaint with them as well, yes will let you know as soon as I hear anything-cheers

Doyler1 have you contacted P.Kinssane and if you have had he any insight. I send my Documents yesterday to him to see if I have a case to move forward.

Back