KBC KBC says I am not impacted

uptomyeyesin

We drew down our mortgage in Feb 2007, fixed for two years and have the prevailing rate statement in our Loan Offer. Received this response from KBC yesterday stating we are not impacted at all.
We are still going to request a copy of all our documents and send them for independent advice, it is unclear to us why some who drew down in the period Nov 06 to Feb 08 are impacted and some are not. It is worth a try!

"Dear XXXXX,

Many thanks for your email and apologies for the delay in responding to you.

At this time, we can confirm that we have written to all customers considered to be impacted by the CBI Tracker Mortgage Examination. We can confirm that there has been no impact or detriment identified in relation to your account.

Kind Regards,

Paul XXXX

Tracker Mortgage Examination |
KBC Bank Ireland Plc|
W: www.kbc.ie"

Got the same reply this week and cant understand it as I drew down in march 2008 on fixed then to variable after 3 years. Rakitom also on here drew down the exact same day and conditions are exactly the same he's just been offered a tracker back and redress (delighted for him). I rang KBC and asked for a reason why we are not included in the cohort 650 from December they said they would send me a letter outlining why-so just have to wait, I am also going to get advice from Padraig Kissane.

Hi Upto....

Should you not send the details of what you have to the relevant authority (the Central Bank?) for them to advise whether you should be included or not?

It seems to me that if the CB was anywhere close to being on the ball, they would be far more pro-active. Like, presumably, it was foreseeable that there would be a number of clients that believe they should be included in the redress scheme and when they ask their bank, their bank says No.

Why doesn't the lending bank not have to explain to the Central Bank in respect of the details of each cohort it rejects and the Central Bank should sign-off on the lender's approach. Otherwise, the uncertainty just continues for impacted customers and the drip, drip will continue to apply - as in, we've identified x impacted customers, no sorry 2x, no actually 5.5 x, etc., etc.

Did you ever have a tracker rate? this isn't clear from the opening post - just states that you drew down in Feb 07 (EDIT from 08 to 07) and fixed for two (edit from three) years.

he said February 2007 which is within the time frame for 650 as suggetsed by KBC pre Christmas

Sorry, February 2007 of course. Still doesn't state if he ever was on a tracker rate or started with the 2 year fixed.

It shouldnt matter, if the pre Christmas statement is an indicator

650 PDH from Nov 06 to Feb 08, who never had a tracker are now deemed impacted. Theres no ambugity there. If hes now ruled out its one of 2 reasons.
A) they are acting the maggot in general, for want of a better term
B) someone in KBC has made an error and it will need to be re-examined. (quite possible)

Should you not send the details of what you have to the relevant authority (the Central Bank?) for them to advise whether you should be included or not?

The Central Bank does not advise anyone whether they are impacted or not.

But the Central Bank should have told all the lenders to publish guidelines as to who will be getting back their trackers and who won't.

Brendan

The Central Bank does not advise anyone whether they are impacted or not.

But the Central Bank should have told all the lenders to publish guidelines as to who will be getting back their trackers and who won't.

Brendan

Don't choke, Brendan but........I actually agree with you!

My understanding is that consumers who believe that they have been incorrectly excluded from the redress scheme should address their complaint to the Ombudsman.

My point regarding how rudderless the CB is still stands and I agree that the CB should have insisted on lenders publishing guidelines.

Very disheartening to read this thread... I was sure I was impacted, but if everyone has been contacted already its looking bleak

Yes a real sickener if all the letters have gone out already . Just waiting to be told im not impacted , had a tracker fixed was put back on SVR was sure i had to be part of the larger number in December .
Will have to follow up with FSO and Padraic
If all the letters are sent out why not say that on the helpline , and update the account to not impacted so people can decide what to do next .

Its very strange indeed, I only spoke to the 'helpline' yesterday and they couldnt give me any info whatsoever apart from the usual jargon,, working hard taking longer than expected yakaddy yak.....etc etc
yet today people are being told that everyone who is impacted has the letter in hand by now... its demoralising

Hi,
We never had a tracker, it was an option discussed with the broker at the time but we were advised to fix and went with that.
We were a private dwelling, own home.
I too am confused at the differing advice and situations.
Very happy to hear someone has had a positive outcome.
Will take advice once I have all the documents and lodge a complaint to the ombudsman if necessary.
Bizarre how many are getting different stories but I guess that is reflective of the mess KBC have made.
I will also ask KBC to explain why we are not part of the 650.

Hi,
We never had a tracker, it was an option discussed with the broker at the time but we were advised to fix and went with that.
Will take advice once I have all the documents and lodge a complaint to the ombudsman if necessary.
Bizarre how many are getting different stories but I guess that is reflective of the mess KBC have made.

I'm really stunned at this, it appears you fit all the criteria for the cohort yet they've said you're not included and of course no explanation.. terrible.
As a matter of interest how long were you waiting on the email response you received today?

Hi,

Same here requested all documents regarding my mortgage account and reason for being excluded, and complaint will be made to ombudsman

Drew down Feb 2008 on a fixed rate for 3 years then of to variable thereafter thought I might have made the 650 cohort in scope then told no impact this week?

Back