KBC KBC - infamous flyer timeline

But will they ever explain their prevailing rate issue or explain the flyer statement that "ALL, (capitals used on flyer, that seems to me to be emphasing all customers regardless of whether they are new or existing) can now avail of tracker" as opposed to the new tracker they advertised on same.

Mccoypat94 we should know more come the start of March. Ombusman will be publishing 25 legally binding tracker decisions.

Can someone tell me who has been in scope for redress within this cohort? Has the flyer been identified as the reason for redress for new customers who started on a fixed rate within a certain time period? If so what was that time period & how many have been redressed?

Hi just quick question triggered by another thread. Has anyone got a letter from KBC between nov 06 and July 08 providing rate options when coming off a fixed rate, that included a tracker option to select as well as variable and other fixed rate options ? This is aimed at cohorts whose fixed rates expired during the flyer dates but had drawn down the mortgage before the flyer dates .

Hi just quick question triggered by another thread. Has anyone got a letter from KBC between nov 06 and July 08 providing rate options when coming off a fixed rate, that included a tracker option to select as well as variable and other fixed rate options ? This is aimed at cohorts whose fixed rates expired during the flyer dates but had drawn down the mortgage before the flyer dates .
Hot a letter just offering fixed and variable. No tracker rates. That was in august/Sept 2007.

Hi ,

I have checked my file and can safely say that I did not get an 'options letter' when my fixed rate expired on my IIB / KBC loan, I went straight onto a variable rate of 4.85%.

Hi, I didn't get an options letter either up expiry of the fixed term, I was placed on a punitive variable rate

Anyone know if the FSPO is anyway near making decisions on cases linked to the flyer ?

I would like to know also, it is taking an inordinate amount of time, very frustrating

I think my case is connected to this flyer issue and am trying to piece together our file on this , is it still worthwhile to proceed here or is there an indication where the ombudsman is at with these cases?

Hi I drew down Nov 2005 on 3 year fixed rate. Mortgage states at expiry of fixed rate lenders prevailing rate will apply. KBC saying I am not affected by tracker. Thoughts ? Where can I get this checked ? Any advice for next steps ..

Hi I drew down Nov 2005 on 3 year fixed rate. Mortgage states at expiry of fixed rate lenders prevailing rate will apply. KBC saying I am not affected by tracker. Thoughts ? Where can I get this checked ? Any advice for next steps ..
Unfortunately KBC are correct.

You never had a tracker or any promise of a tracker, and therefore no entitlement to a tracker.

Unfortunately KBC are correct.

You never had a tracker or any promise of a tracker, and therefore no entitlement to a tracker.

That is not what Article 5 of the EU unfair contract terms directive says, at all.

You'd imagine that such supposed clear cut cases, that have been appealed, would have been decided by the FSPO a long time ago !

Hi mccoypat94,

My case at the moment is with the Ombudsman. I received confirmation of this 2 weeks ago. P. Kissane is representing me and his office lodged it along with similar cases.

Back