KBC KBC basing cohorts on Application date rather than Draw-down dates

Johnc6, when did you draw down? Do you have copy of brochure of mortgage products? KBC have failed to furnish me with one.

Letters also missing from 2007 & 2008. But they mocked up a letter on a word document and dated it as Aug 2007 even though it was created 25 Jan 2018.!!!

I've had the same, but it was an email just copied and pasted onto a word sheet and printed
I've also been told there's no records of 'roll off ' letters but I know that's not true. I have since discovered the one I was sent.

@unfortunate drew down 05, rolled off 07, you can make a separate complaint if you are not happy with the data access issues to the retail division

Mine was a word document. I drew down 06 rolled 07 but fixed again til 08 then when everything went bang fixed again til 13. How did you discover letters?

I requested docs however relevant letters from 2007 missing, telephone transcript supplied contained 3 words, luckily I do have originals docs and notes taken from calls
Letters also missing from 2007 & 2008. But they mocked up a letter on a word document and dated it as Aug 2007 even though it was created 25 Jan 2018.!!!
I've also been told there's no records of 'roll off ' letters but I know that's not true. I have since discovered the one I was sent.

All of this what is described above makes this exceptionally difficult to understand how KBC are taking such a hard line on certain complaints. If they don't have the documentation/records, they should admit this rather than saying there was no letters at all. Every communication found that proves them wrong, places doubt on their version of events. If they say xyz does not exist, and it does - the logical question is what else is missing.
I don't know what other advice to give other than keep raising requests in for the detail, and complaints if the requests have gaps in them. Also request their standard process on how things should have been done - so if they followed the process SHOULD you have received a letter or WHAT communication was due to you. If they have broken their own processes, again they should have to explain why.
In the meantime, search the house/attic etc to see what documents you have from the time. It just shows the importance of keeping record of everything that is sent, no matter how insignificant.

I drew down 06 rolled 07 but fixed again til 08 then when everything went bang fixed again til 13. How did you discover letters?
If you fixed for a year in 2006, on expiry in 2007 you say your rolled over (to what?) before you fixed again until 2008? Did you fix in 2007 via the broker or directly with the bank? What options were you offered in 2007 (trackers were still available at that time) and did you explicitly ask for a tracker? As trackers were all the rage in 2007, I would be surprised if it was not mentioned at some stage in some conversation

No drew down 05 fixed to 07. Was only offered fixed or lenders prevailing rate in 07. Got usual letter unsolicited to fix as rates rising etc. Don't have original unfortunately but when I asked for copy was sent word doc that was created Jan 2018 though they dated it Aug 2007. It was missing from documents as requested first off. And in fact I think j was sent 2 letters to fix not just one. When I didn't return first they sent a second telling me I was going to variable but offering fixed instruction again because of rising rates.

I did ask back in 2007 but was told no, not available and I just took it as truth, (dope). But don't have phone records and either do KBC it seems, as my data access pack only goes back to 2011 I think off hand, maybe late 2010. He said, I said.......

Can I make a complaint to the central Bank over not getting a copy of the correspondence that kbc send out to the Brokers to stop offering the product on the flyer

Well I finally got a reply from kbc to my email of Feb 17th. The email I sent had 3 questions. They've sent a response to one and ignored the other two. The response I got related to a capital payment I made off the loan. As the loan is split I wanted to take the capital payment off the non tracker portion. The response was that they'll pass it on to another department. So 5 weeks to tell me they'll refer it to another dept and simply not answer my other 2 queries relating to the portion not being given a tracker!!!!

My Broker who I took out my mortgage In feb08 met with me on Friday evening to look at the response kbc came back with. He kindly looked over it and was very confused when finished reading it.
One of the question I asked on the complaint letter was a copy of the correspondence they send out to Brokers.The response I got was "In this regard you have requested a copy of documentation the Bank issued to Brokers when the product expired in early Feb 08. I can confirm that documentation such as this we exchanged by the Bank with its brokers only and not issued on a case by case basis or held specifically on a clients account.
We would note that your broker contacted us on the 24th of Feb 08 detailing that the rate for the loan was to be a 2 year fixed 4.85% as per application form but did not give any indication that this was understood to be a fixed rate that would have future entitlement to a tracker rate. This was one of the new fixed rates notified to Brokers by commicaton dated 18th Feb 08".
The response my Broker gave me was thats the way he filled out every application as adviced my KBC, that you wrote down the fixed percentage rate and for how many
Years and the Broker never had to tick a box as you automatically rolled over to a tracker. He also said kbc at that time were pushing for that product to be sold to customers. In relation to the flyer correspondent to Brokers he reckons they never received anything in Feb08 from kbc that it was futher on that year and what he remembers the application forms were changed and tracker rate was removed. Which make more sense!.
I asked him for his opinion on IIB home loans renewal rate and he referred to the rate as the E.C.Bs Variable rate!.

They also stated in the response letter "An amended letter of Offer issued on this basis on 6th March 2008 including the following Speical Condition in relation to interest rate to apply on expiry of the 2 year fixed rate 4.85%." So they're saying the IIB home loans renewal rate was they're standard variable rate 4.85%.

Those of us who believe that KBC have a case to answer in relation to our entitlement to a tracker need to get together to compare notes and lobby relevant authorities. United we stand, divided we fall!

Those of us who believe that KBC have a case to answer in relation to our entitlement to a tracker need to get together to compare notes and lobby relevant authorities. United we stand, divided we fall!
Agree - try and organise yourselves into relevant groups based on your 'general case', work through the details and check out the commonalities you have. You also need to decide if you are willing to take a legal case here, and whether you wish to engage the likes of PK to progress this on your behalf.

Looking for any advice please. Just told over the phone by KBC i was not affected after investigation lasting until today. Took out Private Dwelling House mortgage starting on 3yr. fixed rate in Dec.2006. After fixed rate expired i moved onto their variable rate until i sold the property in 2015. The reason i was told was in the conditions it says " at the expiry of the fixed rate period the Lenders prevailing variable rate will apply ". Anybody else in this situation or advice if i have grounds for an appeal? Thanks in advance.

Took out Private Dwelling House mortgage starting on 3yr. fixed rate in Dec.2006.
What was your date of application, letter of offer issued and signed and drawdown?
Its likely your application pre-dates what KBC deem to be impacted by the 'flyer', and there are others here in a similar circumstance.

Have you send your case into P.kissane for review, really believe we need someone like him fighting in our corner. He has the expertise to put pressure on kbc. I send my case into his office a few weeks back and they rang me on Monday and believe I have a strong case. My application was on the 18feb 08. He has his own team of legal experts that will tell you if you have a case or not.

Back