KBC KBC basing cohorts on Application date rather than Draw-down dates

Hi @mccoypat94. I too am in a similar position to yourself. I am just in the process of giving them one last chance to respond, otherwise will be going straight to FSO. I note there are a few of us in similar circumstances I don’t know if there is any interest in pursuing this as a collective or if individuals wish to progress on their own. @Jazzer1

I have downloaded the fso form but it stipulates that you must already have complained to the bank. Which I have but I want to confirm that their position is final before I submit my fso complaint. Are the fso completely independent to the bank and the cb?

I have downloaded the fso form but it stipulates that you must already have complained to the bank. Which I have but I want to confirm that their position is final before I submit my fso complaint. Are the fso completely independent to the bank and the cb?
I went through the FSO process in 2010.

You have to exhaust the complaints procedure to the bank first and get a "final response" from them

Considering the FSO takes 12+ months, I'd be going towards Pardaic Kissane before FSO as that will be a lot quicker and you'll have someone with expertise. It will cost a fixed fee, but it will save a lot of time and give a far better structure.

I'd even get him to do the complaint to KBC as otherwise, its you as an individual versus a banking giant and its resources.

too am in a similar position to yourself. I am just in the process of giving them one last chance to respond, otherwise will be going straight to FSO. I note there are a few of us in similar circumstances I don’t know if there is any interest in pursuing this as a collective
Yes Daisy Duke I am willing to work as a group too.I don't know if you have send your case to P.Kinssane bit I have and he is thinking along the same lines.

Yes Daisy Duke I am willing to work as a group too.I don't know if you have send your case to P.Kinssane bit I have and he is thinking along the same lines.
@Jazzer1, I am just waiting on some paperwork from my broker and I will be submitting my case to Padraic. However when I spoke to his office a few weeks back they did not seem too hopeful. Hopefully if we can get enough people together in similar circumstances we have a better chance of being heard.

Unfortunatley with all due respect to Padraic and his good work €1000-00 + vat is huge money to spend with no guarantee of success.
I wouldnt expect a professional to do it for any less, however I cannot afford to take the risk of throwing good money after bad.
Rock and hard place , but why should having an expert representing me make such a difference? The facts are the facts, I should be included or not.

Unfortunatley with all due respect to Padraic and his good work €1000-00 + vat is huge money to spend with no guarantee of success.
I wouldnt expect a professional to do it for any less, however I cannot afford to take the risk of throwing good money after bad.
Rock and hard place , but why should having an expert representing me make such a difference? The facts are the facts, I should be included or not.
@mccoypat94 I agree with you to an extent in that facts should be facts and treated as such regardless who initiated the complaint, however you can see from the cases that have been successful how difficult this process has been. We have the added complexity of dealing with an institution who believe they have fulfilled their requirements on this and appear to have the backing of the CB .I also can’t afford to throw money at this, but equally I cannot afford not to fight it.
Whether you agree or not Padraic has made enormous head way in this and has the knowledge and wherewithal to infiltrate a tight knit institution.
Personally I will soon forget €1000 if I get the right outcome, and I don’ t believe for a second I will get it without Expert help.

We'd all forget the 1k with the right outcome. Was your case examined by Kissanes? Do they give you any case for a optimisim?

We'd all forget the 1k with the right outcome. Was your case examined by Kissanes? Do they give you any case for a optimisim?
I have just gone through it with them in high level detail over the phone, I need to submit my paperwork to them this week, just waiting on some stuff from my broker. To be honest they did not leave me overly optimistic, however that was a few weeks ago, I know others have made contact with them since then and I am hoping they now see a picture developing of what has been left behind.
Not an easy one I know, but if we don’t fight it we will never get anywhere. I don’t know how much experience you have in dealing with KBC, I have been in dialogue with them on a different matter for over 18 months now and I find them very difficult to break through.

They wear you down no doubt. The letter recieved is twisted in their favour, and they answer none of the questions that dont suit their narrative.

I'd definitely agree. I sent them an email enquiry on 17th Feb and haven't got a reply yet. Made a follow up call early last week and was told they would contact the mails department to check if they received or read it. Initial email acknowledgement says response within 3-5 working days

I received a letter from KBC today stating that a portion of my loan has been rectified to a tracker rate (1.25) and a portion is still on a variable rate (4.05). We are saving about €260 per month, which is great. I called them and they said an error has been identified on a portion of the loan only. I asked if the account was reviewed why only portion of the loan would be affected. He said I have to remember it is an initial review and the account will be reviewed in more detail - I will have an update before the end of March. Has anyone else had a similar letter / issue? We did have our mortgage part fixed part variable for a time but this ended two years ago. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I received a letter from KBC today stating that a portion of my loan has been rectified to a tracker rate (1.25) and a portion is still on a variable rate (4.05). We are saving about €260 per month, which is great. I called them and they said an error has been identified on a portion of the loan only. I asked if the account was reviewed why only portion of the loan would be affected. He said I have to remember it is an initial review and the account will be reviewed in more detail - I will have an update before the end of March. Has anyone else had a similar letter / issue? We did have our mortgage part fixed part variable for a time but this ended two years ago. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Hi I'm in the same situation. Between 2006-2008 I had 1/3 on a tracker and 2/3 fixed. At the end of the fixed rate the whole loan reverted to svr so I fixed again. They are giving me tracker on 1/3 only. The fixed part says revert to prevailing variable rate but I did discover notes by KBC employee from a phonecall at the end of the fixed period in March 08 stating the whole loan 'qualifies for tracker 0.99%-4.99%' but I wasn't offered it ever again.
I've emailed them querying this over 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since.

Hi Querty, I know, its just so frustrating! We took the loan out in 08 - we fixed on and off for a number of years then went part fixed part variable, just checked and it ended early last year. Why do they base their figures on that particluar period of time and not on the years we were paying a fixed rate. Dont get me wrong I am very happy to be saving the €260 per month but I am just worried about what they are going to come up with next! I might send them an email just to have something on record and see if I get any answers that way!

Curious reading this, I have been ruled out as my application was pre- Nov 06 (flyer time)

However I took a 'top-up' mid 2007 which was also fixed for three years. Surely theres no grounds for leaving out the top up, as the application for this was made after the flyer, no?

Last edited:
Curious reading this, I have been ruled out as my application was pre- Nov 06 (flyer time)

However I took a 'top-up' mid 2007 which was also fixed for three years. Surely theres no grounds for leaving out the top up, as the application for this was made after the flyer, no?
Interesting point @mccoypat94, I also took out a top-up in Sept 07, which also conveniently seems to have been left out....

@Daisy duke I wonder do they class a top-up as a new application or an extention of the original. Whatever suits their argument I suppose

Last edited:
Padraic was asked about KBC on Newstalk this afternoon and he believes the application date shouldn't allow KBC to deem you unimpacted. He is pursuing this it seems for clients

Hes an impressive individual, its incredible though that in reality hes ploughed a completely lone furrow on this for so many years.

Padraic was asked about KBC on Newstalk this afternoon and he believes the application date shouldn't allow KBC to deem you unimpacted. He is pursuing this it seems for clients

Hes an impressive individual, its incredible though that in reality hes ploughed a completely lone furrow on this for so many years.
I read in the report from yesterday he is absolutely certain KBC did not pull the flyer in Feb 08.

Back