Jobseekers Credit Only - How often do you sign on ?

If my savings drop below 93,000 I might get a small payment. Am I correct?
I understand the first 20,000 is disregarded and then 1,2,4 euro per thousand calculation.
 
I spoke with my case officer on Tuesday and asked about signing on for credits. I explained the wording from a previous online notification and you could not do it online so they suggested I call into office.
I went in on Wednesday, took a ticket and then asked about signing on for credits. They handed me a form (not the actual form I reckon) with "Credits" written on the top in ink. I had to fill in everything all over again e.g. have you a car, will you travel for work, size off town you live in etc.
I filled form in and handed it back to staff member. They reckon I should get a letter next week in post.
Also the letter I got rejecting my JA claim mentioned I could apply for supplementary allowance. No chance I would get any - infact only allowed 5,000 savings to disregard instead off 20,000 with JA.
It's like they copy and paste part's off the letter to compose it.
 
Hi Theresa. I claimed JB a number of years ago and when the 9 months ended as JA was not an option for me I was advised to claim credits. I called into Intreo and the person I was dealing with took the claim form, wrote “Credits Only Claim” across the top, crossed out all the means test stuff (which you refer to above) and left me to fill in name, personal details and a few other bits on the first two pages which I did there and then, and then photographed it using my phone. I handed it back straight away and got a letter in the post three days later advising me that my claim for credits was successful.
 
I still had no letter back from Welfare so last thursday I phoned them and the agent said they had no record off my claim but he would pass it on to my local office. In the afternoon I got an e-mail from local office to state 'we don't have a record of the paperwork uploaded to our system'. In other words my form was lost that I had handed in at a hatch.
They sent me out another form straight away which I got last friday with FREEPOST envelope and thankfully today I got a letter and with a September date as my next signing day for PRSI credits. My claim for credit is also showing online in my welfare account.
 
Yes my last payment for JB was for 02/01/25 to 06/01/25 and the letter says Credit has now been awarded dated 06/01/2025 so looks perfect. If anything was expecting from 07/01/2025. I enclosed a short letter with the completed form and asked for it to be backdated.
 
If you go on holiday outside the Country do you have to inform Welfare whilst on jobseekers credit only?
 
@theresa1 - my understanding is yes. Despite not receiving any JB or JA payments and sign on just once a year - receiving credits seemingly entails the other rules applying. So it is strongly suggested one should inform welfare (which you can do online) if going on holidays.
 
I have to attend Intreo next week. I was scheduled for Wednesday as per letter received back in February. I received a letter last week that it is now Thursday. They made no mention of the change in the new letter.
The new letter also mentions I have to bring my Public Services Card and my mobile. Is the mobile so they can text me on the day to confirm number or something?
 
Is the mobile so they can text me on the day to confirm number or something?
Might be to ensure that you are set up to login into your MyWelfare account which needs your MyGovId and potentially a separate two factor authentication app (I use VIP Access but I'm not sure if others can also be used)?
 
If someone has 2080 Class A full and reckonable contributions before age 66, (at say 63) is there any point in signing on for credits? The COAP criteria have already been met and no need to signon/tell DSP about holidays or dealing with Intreo.
 
If you are aiming to qualify for BP 65 you should continue to claim Jobseekers credits up to the end of the calendar year of your 63rd birthday.

Beyond this there is no further advantage to continue signing on.
 
I am visiting the Intreo office next week for Jobseekers credits. I will also turn 65 later this month. Will my applying for the 65 yrs payment affect my accumulation of credits in any way? Thank
 
Hi ,can i ask,if signing on for credits after 60 will do to qualify for BP65 , .My wife is signing on for credits, for last 4 years since she gave up work,she has over 2000 paid credits on record,or will she work for some of the next few years,TIA.
 
@paulyboy
She should continue to sign on for Jobseekers credits up to age 66.

Credits alone will not allow her to qualify for BP65.
She will need 13 weeks of minimal employment for at least 38 euro per week. 3 hours per week at minimum wage will achieve this.

These must be all in any one of the following years.
The calendar year of her 61st, 62nd, 63rd, 64th or 65th birthdays.

The 13 weeks cannot span over 2 years. So 5 weeks to end of December and 8 weeks in the next year is no use.

It's vital that she gets a minimum of 39 contributions in the calendar year of her 63rd birthday. So if she does 13 weeks of employment in that year she needs to re sign on for credits as soon as her employment ends.
 
I have to attend Intreo next week. I was scheduled for Wednesday as per letter received back in February. I received a letter last week that it is now Thursday. They made no mention of the change in the new letter.
The new letter also mentions I have to bring my Public Services Card and my mobile. Is the mobile so they can text me on the day to confirm number or something?
I decided earlier to phone Intreo just to check in case I had to attend today and the phone agent told me yes 'your down for today' and bring in the letter for tomorrow with you. Whilst waiting for my ticket number to come up I could hear another person talking at a hatch that had got 2 letters also. Anyway no explanation given about getting conflicting letters and I was able to 'sign' today and don't have to go back tomorrow. They didn't ask to see my Public Services Card and didn't need mobile either. The letter's obviously enough for them.
 
Back to an earleir question, is online singing for PR/JSB the norm now or is it Post Office or how is it determined?
 
Back
Top