Is Investec.ie the worst web site ever.

I opened an account with them some time back and have recently put more money with them at 4.5% for a year...They have always provided an excellent service. So in light of what other banks have been getting up to, I think I can live with the website problem!!

Agreed, I have had nothing but a good customer service experience from Investec, with the website issues been the only exception.

Agreed, I have had nothing but a good customer service experience from Investec, with the website issues been the only exception.

Except...if you open an account with them after 12.a.m. you don't get same day value. Their office is also located on the 5th. floor of a building with a very claustraphobic lift to take you there.

One or two people have asked how Investec can offer such a high deposit interest rate. Interest rates in South Africa are higher, more like 7% or 8%.
I know almost nothing about international banking, but is it possible the branch in Ireland is taking in deposits, promising 4% interest, and investing the money in SA where they pocket a riskier 8%?

a building with a very claustraphobic lift to take you there.

ROFL. Their glass lift is pretty cool.

I know almost nothing about international banking, but is it possible the branch in Ireland is taking in deposits, promising 4% interest, and investing the money in SA where they pocket a riskier 8%?

No, Interest rates are higher with all banks in SA. The reason is that the central bank there has a higher base rate.

*lol* was wondering if I should mention the "claustraphobic" lift to my other half, before he visits their offices to open an account.

"Phew" I don't have to bother now..........the glass one should impress him.:D

*lol* was wondering if I should mention the "claustraphobic" lift to my other half, before he visits their offices to open an account.

"Phew" I don't have to bother now..........the glass one should impress him.:D

I actually went the stairs route. Mrs. Bronco went in the lift. I managed to get to the fifth floor before she did.

Back to the point of the thread - their previous web-site is better.
[broken link removed]

I hope they didn't pay much for the "upgrade"!!!

I dont think their site is so bad

its a bit unusual but it works quite well after youve used it a couple of times

I had no problems finding out what i wanted to know on it anyway

True, the rates are easy to access and given that they don't offer online banking not much else on their website matters.

Back