Is Investec.ie the worst web site ever.

It's not the a very user friendly site. If you still want to check out the deposit rates

1. Open site and click on top right hand corner -drop down menu for "Ireland"

2. Click on "menu" on left hand side.

3. Click on "private banking".

4. When that opens you will see
" Whether you're considering of availing of our wealth management, or cash deposits or treasury services, or are looking for entrepreneurial business finance, we can steer you to financial success."

5. click on "cash deposits" and voila - there's the 12 month rate fixed rate deposit, and the Euro 1 month rate....hmmmm, no a sign of the 6 mths rate

no bother *cough* *splutter* well not much

Mmmm! Thanks justsally........ It's a nice picture though.

Anyhow Investec appear to have a pretty good product at 4.5% for a year compared to others.

5. click on "cash deposits" and voila - there's the 12 month rate fixed rate deposit, and the Euro 1 month rate....hmmmm, no a sign of the 6 mths rate

When you click "wealth management" scroll down and you will see a link for "deposit rates" - click this and it brings up a menu which has tabs on the top for :

Deposits
Open a Deposit account
12 Month Fixed Term
6 Month Fixed Term
1 Month Notice

As I said they are still quoting 4.25% for 6 months. 4.5% for 12 months and 3.25% for 1 month notice.

I refer a previous post of mine - how is this Bank are paying 3% over market - are their borrowers sub-prime ?? Their rates seem a bit out there still.

On a separate note i have to compliment them on their wesbite imagery - a clever "attempt" to make a UK branch of a South African Bank in Ireland (phew) to look local. Their zebra must be getting a little tired. ;-)

Is it unusual for a South African bank to fall under the English banking guarantee scheme.?

Their website is awful, but has improved! Hopefully, they are in the process of setting up online account access.

Investec have recently sent me documents saying their 6 month term deposit rate is 4.00%, not 4.25%. I am fairly sure they have just not updated their website.

Is it unusual for a South African bank to fall under the English banking guarantee scheme.?

Any bank registered in the UK can fall under the scheme. I think they are the only South African bank under the scheme.

I refer a previous post of mine - how is this Bank are paying 3% over market - are their borrowers sub-prime ?? Their rates seem a bit out there still.

They offer market leading rates in the UK (they are always in the top 5 UK best buys) and have been in and out of the best buys for some time here now as well.

They are one of the few banks actually lending money at the moment but at a premium.

Thanks for that very comprehensive and helpful reply. Hope I'm right in believing that Investec is the best place to put E50,000 for 6 months.

Would you be good enough to explain to me what penalty we would incur if we put the E50,000 in for a year but had to withdraw it early. Hope I'm not complicating matters with this question.

Thanks

Your 50,000 EUR is 100% UK state guaranteed. It is very very safe.

Investec let you withdraw up to 20% of your deposit without condition (at least they used to let you anyway).

is the title of this thread not defamation?
No because firstly its an opinion, not a statement of fact.

And secondly, defamation applies to people not organisations.

And thirdly, even if it were defamation, free speech is a basic human right.

Their website is awful, but has improved!

Investec have recently sent me documents saying their 6 month term deposit rate is 4.00%, not 4.25%. I am fairly sure they have just not updated their website.

If this is the improved version I would hate to have seen the old one.

Yes their 6 month rate is 4% and not 4.25%. When I spoke to them on the phone they didn't seem aware that their website was still quoting the old rate.

Incidentally when I rang just to confirm current rates, the person on reception put me through to a voicemail. I had to ring back to be put through to a person. I don't understand why the receptionist does not have a laminate beside her with the current rates available. I think they only have 3 products after all?

Their response was that the rate on their website is 4.00%, not 4.25% and I am probably clicking on "an old link" :rolleyes:

I have sent them a screenprint of their own website.

Their response was that the rate on their website is 4.00%, not 4.25% and I am probably clicking on "an old link" :rolleyes:

I have sent them a screenprint of their own website.

Isn't it just incredible? Wouldn't you think that somebody there might actually go through the process of looking at their own website from the customers perspective?

Back