Is eir the worst company in Ireland for customer service?

Credit where it's due the odd time it happens. I rang them yesterday because the broadband wasn't working and 10am today, a guy called out and fixed it.

Every time that I see this thread getting bumped up, with the question:

Is eir the worst company in Ireland for customer service?​

the word "Yes" immediately springs to mind. :D

Yes, yes yes they are.....the worst company for customer service.

Worser even than Vodafone and they're pretty bad.
In a lifetime of dealing with service companies Eir has been the very worst by a country mile.
If they ever write a book on how to trash a company's reputation it would be right up there with Gerald Ratner.

Credit where it's due the odd time it happens. I rang them yesterday because the broadband wasn't working and 10am today, a guy called out and fixed it.
we want photographic proof :D

I also advise you to buy a lotto ticket as you are obviously extremely lucky :D

when I tried to contact them after a wait, there was a meesage giving me their web address to contact them to report it was down, trouble was my broadband was down so couldn't contact them. Don't they think of these things

when I tried to contact them after a wait, there was a meesage giving me their web address to contact them to report it was down, trouble was my broadband was down so couldn't contact them. Don't they think of these things
Yes. A bit like the time my fibre internet was down last year and I was directed to their Livechat, which I did (via my phone) only to be informed that Livechat was down.

Three times I had to ring 1901 this morning to try and sort out my complicated bill, It was a lot more than what was agreed. When I got on to billing they were not helpful so I asked to be transferred to the loyalty dept. No, I would have to ring again and press the relevant options. I did and that was a complete waste of time as this guy was not at all helpful , useless in fact. I rang a third time and got through to a guy who explained the problem and assured me that my next bill would be as agreed when my contract was negotiated originally.
I was the best part of an hour trying to sort out a problem.
Eir customer service has not improved at all.

I tried to log a fault with Eir yesterday but when I clicked on "Report a fault" on their support page, I got the following screen error message:

Our Log a fault form is currently unavailable

Our log a fault form is currently unavailable. If you would like to report a fault, please call us on 1901.

The Eir Log a fault form is still unavailable today (16-Mar-2021). That is one way to avoid having a backlog of Customer issues to resolve.

There is no support email address provided by Eir, where an email could be sent to clearly describe a fault, with attachments of relevant screen snapshots, error messages, etc.

The Eir "Support" is obviously designed to stop Customer communicating problems to their support team. If people are not willing to wait hours for some support person to answer the phone, then their frustrated Customers (the ones who provide the money to pay their salaries), will not bother them.

I just called 1901 and they answered within 10 minutes. Did I fix my billing problem? I believe not.

They started to charge my account of 5.99 for Amazon Prime Video after 12 months of my activation, but according to the T&C of the Amazon Prime Video Offer if you have also the eir TV package, prime video is included until further notice.

eir TV Customers
  1. 1) The Prime Video Offer is available to new and existing eligible eir TV customers.
  2. 2) eir will make Prime Video available complimentary to eligible eir TV customers until further
    notice.
  3. 3) You will only be entitled to receive the Prime Video Offer if you have an existing eir TV plan that has not been terminated or suspended.
  4. 4) eir reserves the right to withdraw the Prime Video Offer for eir TV customers upon 30 days’ notice to you.
  5. 5) Prime Video is included as part of your eir TV plan upon activation by you the Customer. Prime Video must be activated from within “My eir”.
Yet the agent on the phone was adamant that it's free only for 12 month.

My current contract with Eir is up soon.

Today I phoned and was advised my wait time would be 10 minutes so put the phone on speaker and went about my chores. 35 minutes later an agent answered, I asked what was on offer to renew, she asked me to hold for a moment and came back 10 minutes later offering to reduce my Eir Complete Broadband & Phone package from €69.98 monthly to €49.98 monthly.

That's a discount of €20, for the last few years I have been getting a €25 discount. Promotions change the agent said, €20 is the best available now.

A pain having to make that call every year but still worth it for the €240 annual saving.

Based on my recent, rather bizarre, experience I think Eir have competition in this regard! I opted to switch to Vodafone a month ago (from Eir). After almost 1 hour on the phone going through the switching process (during which time I was repeatedly given a hard sell to add on the TV package which I had no interest in) the order was finally placed. Within a few days I had the Vodafone Gigabox in my hands. All good - or so I thought. The next few weeks passed during which time I assumed it was just due to the 30 day notice period for switching from Eir. Today I contacted Vodafone to check on the status (online I could see a status of Cancelled on my order, dated 12th March which confused me). After some delay I was informed that my order was indeed cancelled by Vodafone as they decided the service was not available in my area. When I questioned what service they were referring to, as I already have the very service I was looking for, just with a different provider, I got a confused sounding agent who just said "they" decided it was not available for me. When I asked who "they" were he replied another department!
When I asked what to do with the Gigabox he said "they" will probably have it collected at some point!
Honestly, maybe it's a good thing I didn't switch if that is the level of competence...

I subsequently contacted Eir to see if they can improve my current offering. They said my account is "broken" and that they have raised a ticket to fix it so they cannot offer my anything until a week from now by which time they hope my account will be "fixed". In the meantime it's probably better I don't know what exactly any of that means.
Maybe Sky can be an improvement on both of these clowns...

@Ceist Beag
Sorry, I had to laugh reading your post.

I had a similar experience when I first tried to get broadband. I have fibre to the home, but when I was trying to shop around all the providers told me it wasn't available in my area. Although I saw the lines being installed a few months prior, and one if the neighbours had it. It just hadn't been updated on a computer system somewhere that my Eircode was covered. Eir eventually said I could get it.

I've tried changing provider since, but nobody could guarantee that I won't have a break in service (of up to 7 days!) while I switch. Ended up agreeing a discount with Eir which I'm happy with until the same conversation next year!

Funny I just switched to Vodafone from Eir and the same thing happen to us!!
Vodafone for some unknown reason sent the router, set up the DD but then cancelled the contract
Only found out because Eir sent me a bill that I wasn't expecting
Contacted Vodafone, who couldn't give a reason as to why the contract was cancelled but said they would process it now
And of course they then sent me out another router but at least they offered me a free month BB to ease my pain :rolleyes:

An elderly relative is trying to leave eir for vodafone. She called them twice last week to see if she is out of contract. Each time they wouldn't answer the question but said they would call her back within 24 hours. No phone calls returned. What is the best way to get an answer on this ? How do we cancel her landline ?

If Eir say that they will call back then they are supposed to call you back, especially if a call breaks down while on to them . Some people are not aware of this.
Make sure and put this in your email to Carolan.

Yes agree with posters - unfortunately Eir still has difficulties when you phone.

Was on phone for 4 hours last week. It cut me off after 45 minutes and I had to start again . I persisted - and following day spoke to a live agent. He was unable to assist ,

he refused to provide a complaints options - said no email - no post options due to pandemic.!

I complained to [email protected] and received resolution after 2 further emails. I’m a happy customer again and will star for another year !

Back