iphone 4 or HTC phone?

Lambchops

Hi all, I am eligeble for a phone upgrade in work.

Just wondering what the general feeling is in relation to these phones and which would be the best bet.

Speaking as someone who has had both an iPhone and a HTC Desire, I would recommend the HTC Desire over the iPhone.

Ciaran any particular reason?

Kind of loving all the apps the iphone has to offer so was thinking of leaning more towards that.

Pluses and minuses of both? thanks

You'd be better off stating precisely what you want it for rather than asking people for pluses and minuses. A good phone for me may not be a good phone for you. That said...

HTC has an app store too, it's just not commercial in Ireland yet. I've yet to come across something commercial a free alternative wasn't available for, or I just couldn't live without; most of it's crap anyway, toys to play with.

The iPhone 4 has a problem with dropped calls, which Apple will "fix" with free "bumpers". Doesn't say a lot about their quality control these days.

I'm not one to sell you on Apple though, I consider it hardware for fashion victims. Wouldn't touch any of their products with a barge pole.

You'll probably find it hard to get your hands on a Desire at the moment. Problem with sourcing their screens which were originally coming from Samsung.

I am a big fan of the Android OS. I have Android 2.1. It let's you do so much more with your phone e.g. open 3rd party apps, good at multi-tasking, better browsers and the 2.2 has Flash.

Also, Google Listen will have most of the podcasts you want. Newstalk and Today FM are certainly on there already. The GPS is excellent too.

http://thenextweb.com/google/2010/04/09/iphone-40-android-os-apple-lost-game/

And you can build your own apps if you like. But all this is just a personal choice.

Thanks for that Complainer. I sent that to some friends a few weeks back. Cracks me up every time I see it. "It has the WI-FI's"

Talked to a guy in 3 store he recommended the Samsung Wave over the Iphone 4 for several reasons.

Price difference was only one of many
Check out
[broken link removed]

I got the Samsung Galaxy S phone last week, its a great phone and works on the Android system. It has a massive screen and is very quick.

HTC Desire wins. Best phone I've ever had. Would never buy an iPhone. No desire (no pun intended) to sign up for an iLife.

My advise is to try them both out and see which you like the best, look at the pros and cons of each, look at the app stores of each and what the hardware can do on each.

It you want my opinion, iPhone - I've used both and the iPhone wins hands down.

+1, the HTC Legend is the best phone I've ever had as well, looks great as well, can't imagine now how I managed without it...

Plenty of my mates have iPhones so I know the good and bad points. To be fair, both have their advantages and disadvantages. Look somewhere like Techradar or Engadget and you'll see fairly comprehensive reviews. For many people it comes down to whether you prefer google/android, or apple. Despite all the heated debate on the web.............

If you buy a Android Phone be careful you buy one with the latest version of Android, and that the maker has a good repuation for updates etc. Some are stuck on an old version, with no hope of updates.

They both have good reps. You should ask to try both and then decide.

My advise is to try them both out and see which you like the best, look at the pros and cons of each, look at the app stores of each and what the hardware can do on each.

It you want my opinion, iPhone - I've used both and the iPhone wins hands down.

I agree 100%. I had a HTC for 4 months and couldn't wait to see the back of it. Sold it to envirofone for a third of what I paid. Have an iPhone now since March and I love it. No comparison. There is a reason why they're so popular! :)

Back