Key Post Investment in Irish Forestry Funds

It looks like all the forests are been sold; I have shares in the 4th Irish Forestry Fund which date back to 1998.
I was hoping to stay the course a full 30 years, however it looks like it is a “done deal”, with language like “the directors have chosen to take advantage of a strong offer”.
It reminds to be seen what this “strong offer” is??

Any thoughts ?

Regards
Got another two fund letters yesterday for 6th and 7th which is everything I have bar a single share in an early 30 year plan from the days you paid in pounds! Given what you've said maybe that letter is on its way as I type. Certainly sounds like they've got one major buyer for everything. As far as I'm concerned this has been "dead money" for many years now so I'll take whatever the return is and run to be honest.

Update cheques will now be issued on August 16th delay due to shareholder contact details etc not being up to date.

Any news on returns from this investment? Anxiously waiting to see how bad a choice I made investing in the 10th Plan......

I'm in 5th fund got letter today about the great opportunity that management accepted, buyer has insisted on non disclosure agreement..... Fairly shocking that this type of behaviour is seen as acceptable, I expect poor return with no recourse to justice. These guys are taking us for a final milking.
I don’t know much about these types of investments. Don’t you hold shares and so have minority oppression arguments if you’re unhappy?

I invested in the Third Fund. The expected rate of return was 14.4% (compound). I await mid-August with baited breath.....

Yeah got letter previously saying Chequers are due to be issued last Friday..

I tired ringing them today and just an auto message saying too busy to take calls and to email them your queries..

They certainly don’t inspire you with much confidence with their lack of information..

Waiting to see what comes out in the cheque..

Apparently Axa are contradicting Veon's gloom with glowing reports and saying the market here will double in five years, they are also buying on the continent which veon say is ravished with pests.
Is it alright for noobs to post links or mention another forum

Think it's OK - do you mean the one here :

[broken link removed]

Have had it confirmed by email that the cheques are definitely in the post...... (since Friday).
This is slower than normal mail - but bulk mail is often slower to arrive, depending on how it's processed and paid for.

Think it's OK - do you mean the one here :

[broken link removed]

Have had it confirmed by email that the cheques are definitely in the post...... (since Friday).
This is slower than normal mail - but bulk mail is often slower to arrive, depending on how it's processed and paid for.
That's it, thanks .
Page 19 for the Axa article.

If you go onto their website the most recent financials are published which includes sales proceeds, profit on sale etc. If you divide shareholder funds by the number of pref shares in issue this should give you a good indication of your likely return. On this basis, the returns look bleak!

Think it's €1,200 per share or thereabouts, that's the figure my wife says her brother got for 3 shares.

€1313.11 per share for Third Irish Forestry Fund. That’s what 500 punts amounted to after 21 years.

Based on this gives a return around 3% per annum which is long way short of the 14% originally advertised! A 10 year fund returned nearly twice that on an annual basis so this is a disappointing end...would like to know what made the offer so attractive when the return to shareholders is so average?

Back