Internet CC banks

M

Michael

About to kick off a business whereby I take cc details over the phone and then plan to debit an agreed amount (approx £á20).

I have done google searches and seen names like worldpay etc.

Can anybody recommend a reputable company/bank they use whereby I could set up an account and debit cards via internet SSL.

I tried to talk to BOI and they sent me application for a swipe machine.

I don't plan to have online payments by customers.

Micheal

Just to see if I get this right

- You need to charge people for a service
- You will get payment via CC over telephone
- You need to process payments as you receive details from customers

Take a look at this from the www.worldpay.co.uk site - you may well have seen this before but the "Internet terminal" part of the description looks to be exactly what you need :

"For just £260 ( VAT) you can:

get an Internet merchant account in as little as 7-10 days with WorldDirect

accept a broad range of payment types (including Visa, MasterCard, Switch, Laser, Electron and more) with WorldDirect

take payments in most currencies and any language with WorldDirect

protect yourself and your shoppers with WorldAlert, our top of class anti-fraud system

use our internet terminal to take payments by phone, fax or mail (our internet equivalent of the traditional card terminal used in many stores). No complex software is required. All you need to use WorldAccess is an internet browser, a connection to the internet, and your customer's card details."

I have used Worldpay as a CC transaction supplier on a project for a large corporate internet project - I found them excellent to deal with, willing to accommodate our specific quirks on reconciliation and other issues and I was impressed with their technology and development ethos - I would caveat all the above by saying I was dealing with Worldpay on behalf of a large company and so was receiving top notch treatment

Also, I would recommend doing a full cost impact analysis on the transaction and annual charges that Worldpay would charge based on your expected transaction numbers - possibly do three scenarios 1. Low volumes 2. Average volumes and 3. High volumes (ie different analysis for different volumes). It may be possible to get Worldpay to cost each scenario for you

Even though it may sound as if I do I actually have no affiliation with Worldpay nor any related company

Hope this helps

efm

Thanks

That's just what I need.

Thanks, at least it sends me on one path.

I have also used them to pay for online classified adds (i got my debit with their name).

I will check them out.

Price

It's probably a cutnpaste error, but anyone viewing this thread should realise that their ROI start up cost is £á490+vat.

Price

Yes - Apologies for not properly proofing my posts

The original post was supposed to say 260 GBP + VAT

Michael - I hope the business goes well

I see you're looking for a new car for the business as well - did you look at the Toyota Prius - I think they have very low running costs and you pay reduced road tax (just a thought)
efm

Feedback

Hi,

I would like to add feedback on this issue. Basically there are many companies doing it and the hidden costs can be phenominal. One Irish company wants £á1 per transaction and you would also have the cc company commission to absorb.

With Bank of Ireland Euroconex, there is for me, a £á5000 deposit, which I understand, as the potential for fraud for a "card not present" scenario is there.

I am posting this as it is a warning for any similar start-up businesses with cashflow projections, to be aware of such costs.

Feedback

Michael,

Did you get this issue resolved to your satisfaction ?

Is Paypal a suitable option in this case ?

Digi

CC

I actually didn't go with them. I went for a hardware terminal.

Back