Interactive Investor Ireland absorbed by II UK

Ditto. Maybe it’s also preparation for brexit (remember that? It’s not gone away you know!).

also just got email from them...only giving 1 month notice (a bit short). €10 monthly maintenance fee is a bit much for myself, who buys and holds long term (very little activity).
I also have Degiro account, so could move there...but want to diversify my holdings across brokers.
Do UK brokers always have a monthly fee?

Who would be next cheapest to Degiro?

also just got email from them...only giving 1 month notice (a bit short). €10 monthly maintenance fee is a bit much for myself, who buys and holds long term (very little activity).
I also have Degiro account, so could move there...but want to diversify my holdings across brokers.
Do UK brokers always have a monthly fee?

Who would be next cheapest to Degiro?

It actually seems to be £10 in sterling + £4 non resident charge so nearly €16 a month. Not great if you want to buy and hold allright, will be looking around for other options.

Got my email yesterday also, I'm in a similar situation, I have about 25k invested With them and 3k cash waiting to invest with them . I'm not a regular investor and the monthly fee is not feasible for me. What are my options? Move to degiro or another?
( I see there is a waiting list to join degiro on another post, is this still the case?)
Should I Go back to share certs? This is a long term investment 10 years plus.

Thanks

Ig charges me quite a lot of quarterly fee. Interactive Brokers doesn't seem to charge a fee at least yet but I have quite a bit in stocks there...

I'm with Interactive Investor and Degiro, so I ask Degiro about transferring shares over to them...apparently it cost €10 per position...but they are currently not accepting share transfers....due to current high demand. They offerred to put me on notification list of when its available again.

I'm with Interactive Investor and Degiro, so I ask Degiro about transferring shares over to them...apparently it cost €10 per position...but they are currently not accepting share transfers....due to current high demand. They offerred to put me on notification list of when its available again.
what are Degiro's fees like compared to the new UK II fees?

what are Degiro's fees like compared to the new UK II fees?
Fees are listed here...I believe they are the cheapest broker around at the moment.
Also
€2.50 per exchange traded on (outside of ISE) per calendar year

thanks for that. well looks like II will loose a lot of Irish investors i think, probably wont be able to transfer before the 22nd of next month, so i will get caught with May/June fees from II until i'm contacted by degiro.

But i suppose the real question is, will degiro follow suit to II regarding fees?

The Sunday Business Post reported that the charge is expected to affect 2000 customers. Given that TD were perhaps the dominant broker until Degiro came along, it makes you wonder how few buy shares in Ireland.

Given that TD were perhaps the dominant broker
Really? Do you have any details on their market share?
Thet might have been most widely talked about, and cheapest, but that doesn't mean a lot of people used them.
I use an Irish based broker, as do most people I know.

Red. What broker do you use? I use II at the moment but depending on the way brexit goes I might need a plan b.

Red. What broker do you use?
I use Davy. A bit of inertia as much as anything else - they were who I did my first trade with, but seem to be best I can get locally for my investment pattern.
Outside my pension, most of my share trades are Irish listed. If I was investing in US shares or ETFs I could probably do better fees wise. There's a quarterly account maintenance charge (which is offset against trading fees if you have any). There's a good thread discussing their fee structure somewhere, but I can't find it at the moment.

Reactions: PWR
Back