Increase in State pension age to 67 should be delayed by seven years, report to recommend

Saving more cannot fix the dependency ratio problem.

Either productivity dramatically increases, or living standards do the opposite.

All ageing countries are in a lot of trouble.
Sure , the robots will be doing the work at that stage, we'll all be watching box sets,

It is the one question I ask close friends of mine when I hear them on raise the pension age because we cannot afford to leave it at 65, but can afford to pay it to others after six or seven years contribution,

In every case so far they see nothing wrong with getting a full pension after 10 contributions on reaching pension age after 10 years of straight contributions or credits or voluntary contributions of 500 euros a year was 250 euro up until a few years ago,
I don't know why there is not more attention paid to this, the fact that some people can qualify for a full pension after just 10 years of full contributions. This was supposed to be changed to a full pension being based on 40 years contributions , however I hear that people can still qualify based on the above , you can choose the basis that gives you the best pension. It is not so much that these people with so few contributions are taking money from their fellow pensioners but from people that are working now but who won't retire for another 2 decades

Back