I Want to treat the Wife -advice

Mixednuts

Hi,
It is my wifes Birthday soon and I want to treat her to a weekend break .
I was thinking maybe a SPA treatment somewhere in south/east Ire .

Any of you ladies or gents out there been anywere nice recently that you can recommend ?

All suggestions welcome .

Ta

My mum had a spa treatment in Kellys in Rosslare recently which she said was lovely and that the place was beautiful. She thought it was a bit pricy, but then it's not something she does much so she doesn't have much of a base for comparison!

Monart which is somewhere in Wexford has been recommended on AAM several times.

Try the Ferrcarrig in Wexford. Great place with view and balcony overlooking the lough.

My first choice would be the Brehon in Killarney but thats probably too far from you.

Can vouch for the Monart, have also heard good things about Brooke Lodge

I might be a bit late for ya - but Fota Sheraton Spa in Little Island is fantastic - ive been there twice (both gifts!!) and have booked a girly day down there in November with 3 friends.

Was entirely disgusted with the service in the Fota Island Sheraton last year. It was the worst I have seen in any of the dozen odd hotels I've stayed in in Ireland over the past few years.

For example, hubby & I sitting in the bar where 5 staff were on duty and there were maybe 20 guests at various tables - my glass sat empty for 40 minutes without anyone asking me would I like another drink.
One night we had dinner in the golf club, and the heavens opened up afterwards so the barman kindly phoned the hotel to see if they would send someone to pick us up. About 10 minutes later no sign, barman phoned again to be told someone would be over asap. 30 minutes later we gave up and walked back. I stood in reception flooding the floor and politely told the several staff standing around that I was bitterly disappointed in the service. Was promised a coffee/drink if I went to the bar, said we'd be there after a shower to warm up. Went to the bar, no sign of any decent service, let alone a complimentary drink.

Hotel itself was great looking, but just felt grabby. No free water in bedrooms, it was in mini-bar and very expensive. Swimming pool (water quite cold) had no sauna, steam-room or jacuzzi - you had to pay extra to use their thermal suite. I wouldn't go back if you paid me.

If you live in the Leinster area and you want to avoid a long trip, try the Mullingar Park Hotel. It has all the spa stuff, and tends only to be really busy on weekdays with business travellers; it can be very relaxed at weekends. Very good food as well, and no crazy prices. Staff tend to be anxious to please, a refreshing change from a lot of these spa places where they think that the world owes them a living.
Another close-to-home option is a small place near Blakes Cross in North Dublin, called the Airport View. It's more a big luxury guesthouse than a hotel, but Mrs Lollix loves the spa there and it appears on the credit card with alarming frequency. Same story with friendly staff and good food.

it was my husbands birthday two weeks ago so for it i told him on the friday night before that we were flying to london to next morning for the day. we flew out the next morning and have the whole day in london. bough lunch and ate it in hyde park. it was such a beautiful day (even got burned it was so hot!) . then we took a stroll around and into some of the museums and shops. came home at 11.30 that night. all cost under 100 euro, paid 20 euro return for the two flights to gatwick including taxes etc with ryanair. enjoyed it so much we doing it again next week!

Get a joint spa voucher.

I brought my wife down to connacht (cant remember exactly where!) and we had a joint mud spa where you rub mud on yourselves in a sauna/steamroom place and afterwards you can wash each other off. You have your own room and its very romantic!!

Im very surprised Tree Tiger that you had that experience. On both occasions I have stayed down in Fota Island Sheraton I couldnt have been more impressed with both the surroundings and the service.
MixedNuts - hope it all went well for you whatever you decided and she was thrilled with you!

Back