I want a garden- new series

I thought it was very funny at the end...they had their friends/family around and they all looked NORMAL...there was a guy drinking Guinness from a plastic cup n'all. She mustn't have been too happy that wasn't cut-out...maybe she's the proverbial Mrs Bucket in the family.

It was interesting to hear Diarmuid saying he hadn't been to the site since the design stage...he was probably trying to keep away from her

Did anyone see the final part of a two-part makeover in Rathfarnham? It was on about 3 or 4 weeks ago. They were having huge logs put in to support something or other but they ended up loosening and that's where part 1 ended. What happened?

That must have been a repeat of the old series? As far as I remember they ended up having to put in more foundations. Then the whole thing worked. Although it was one of the more unsuccessful designs to my mind.

there was a real special moment in the show last night where, following a gooing and gaaing session over our Diarmuid, Mrs Wannabe 2007 lost the temper slightly over the fact that Diarmuid hadn't delivered the spec for the building at the end of the garden and hadn't been on site in so long!

All said, would love to get a design for my own garden but dont think you'd get much for the €5k minimum requirement - few dasies and a strategically placed pebble me thinks!

Maybe I'd missing something but is half the show not taken up with proclaimations on how the families have to do the work themselves - which leads to families tearing their hair out about how to move forward with the plan and then hiring a shed load of professionals. one episode had Diarmuid tearing up a paving job perfectly acceptable to the client - customer always right eh?

perhaps you get more bang for your buck if you source a landscaper to design and build/plant your garden for you!

That lady made some fool of herself - I'm surprised the husband didn't take advantage of the foundations being laid to get rid of her! I'm sure that secretly most ladies wouldn't mind a bit of Diarmuid but to offer it up on a plate like that - jaysus, every time he said something she went in for a grope! I'm sure she's fairly mortified now :)

Aside from all that... the garden was nice.

she was a right stomach pump....

I loved her comments at the end..."its always better when you get stuck in and hands on when it comes to getting a project like this done"

She probably stretched to making the tea all week.

Probably stretched to supervising the housekeeper make the tea, more like! Thought the garden looked great in the end but my God she was painful. And it was hilarious at the beginning that she kept going on about how she loved gardening and she was so into it and the planting and blah blah blah... and then we see some very dead looking grasses and mangey shrubs in the containers by the deck...

Cut them a break.

So she was excited at the prospect of having a "star" in her very own home. So what? Most people would get a buzz from this.

I think they did a great job with both the house and garden and don't suppose they're mega rich. The house was a modest-enough looking semi-D (albeit in Blackrock) which they seem to have worked hard to modernise to 21st century design standards. Money helps but if they had plenty to chuck about surely they'd be living in a modern detached house.

As for the 40K, assuming they acquired it honestly, good luck to them. While the idea of spending 40k on a garden might repulse many people, who's to say what they should spend their money on?

Touch of the green-eyed monster coming through on this thread IMHO.

green eyed monster no...
40k on a garden is just ridiculous IMO
especially when the roof looked like it was falling off and needing major work

She was so painful I'm surprised the hubby didn't bury her in all that concrete. Liked the pavillion tho except for those hanging chairs. All those plants will be dead next year as these people haven't a clue...
I'd have buried him with her.

Touch of the green-eyed monster coming through on this thread IMHO.

Doubtful...people with real money don't go on like this.

Who says RTE aren't producing good comedy these days? The show was like that Paths to Freedom thing about the jailed gynaecologist...pure Ross O'Carroll-Kelly stuff. I laughed out loud when she dropped in the Prada shoe comment.

whatever you might think about the couple, i don't think it's very fair to slag them off so much! you have to say fair play to anyone who is willing to let tv cameras into their private home so that the whole nation can gawk at them. and pay 40k for the privilege! i defo wouldn't do it!

whatever you might think about the couple, i don't think it's very fair to slag them off so much! you have to say fair play to anyone who is willing to let tv cameras into their private home so that the whole nation can gawk at them. and pay 40k for the privilege! i defo wouldn't do it!

I don't think buffoonery should be commended but the the programme is unintentionally funny and therefore enjoyable.

Yeah - Yer one going on about one time the husband was gardening in his 'prada'

Plonkers

Why? Whats admirable about letting cameras into your home? I just don't see anything to be proud of in that? It smells of the current trend in reality TV of people wanting a little bit of fame even if it makes them look silly - I just don't see anything good about that.

Back