I am arranging a public meeting on the SVR issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested
Delighted to have discovered this forum and well done on the work so far.

I am being fleeced by danske 4.95% variable and am just about to progress a complaint to the ombudsman citing danske's response to my complaint that 'market conditions' allow them to charge so much.
The only market conditions i can see are

A) lack of competition
B) 0.05% charged by the ECB to the banks.
C) many vrm holders in nevative equity and unable to switch.

I will also be contacting my local TD

Quick Question : I want to arrange a public meeting in Dublin city centre hotel this month. Can you send me a message if you are interested in attending OR interested in hosting a meeting elsewhere. Time to take action on Variable Mortgage Rate overcharging Scandal. Post reply on this thread or tweet to @mickohughes

Can I check if facebook or twitter has been set up? In todays Indo article Sara refers to facebook SVRmortagecampaign? Thanks.

Thankyou for pushing this forward. I would be interested in attending or helping to set up a meeting in Limerick/Galway if anyone else is interested. I wouldn't be able to make it up to Dublin, but am totally up for petitioning out politicians.

Well done Hughes.I look forward to attending the meeting----bring it on.
It is vital that we spread the news.

Keep up the good work, I have a SVR mortgage with BOI @4.25% - this needs to change, otherwise Im for switching! - I will try my best to attend.

Thankyou for pushing this forward. I would be interested in attending or helping to set up a meeting in Limerick/Galway if anyone else is interested. I wouldn't be able to make it up to Dublin, but am totally up for petitioning out politicians.
Thank you for your response.....pls keep am eye on thread and ask as many as possible to lobby on this issue. Talk soon.

I will attend meeting also. Thanks for all the great work in highlighting this issue. Think the key is political pressure and election, whatever party promises to resolve the issue could be getting huge number of votes!

COMMENTS ON WEBSITE/IMPACT TO DATE

Im new to this site as I see are many others in past week. Im becoming more disillusioned with the impact on a number of aspects:

Contributions; Many of the posts on this and other threads are repeats and in form of pretty academic debates bewteen members on various points of detail. At the end of the day considerable energy is expended and nothing is achived by this endless debate. Its unclear if many posters are variabale mortage holders themselves. The core elements of the debate also become confused over time.

Impact; As a variable mortage holder my interest is in advaning this campaign and hopefully a solution, attending and supporting the planned public meeting, creating awareness which is crucial using social media and as many outlets as possible. Our message must go way beyond this website if we are to have any impact eg its disappointing only approx 350 likes on facebook page to date- needs to be many thousands. I would welcome debate and discussion on how to advance these aspects.

Is there potential for interested members to link up off line on these issues?. A number of Regional meetings on the issue in the next month would appear to be critical.

Political pressure; Interested members need to have a professional campaign of continuous lobbying of all politicians . Its critical that the momentum built up in past 2 weeks is maximised as it will be very difficult to maintain this over next 6 months.

Number of Threads; There appears to be too may threads eg Public Meeting, Key Posts, and many others on the variable issue and impact is being lost . I note many members need to post on various threads.

Last edited:
Hi MortVar

Very good points.

I have moved the general discussion of the issues to this thread

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/thread...ue-removed-from-public-meeting-thread.193297/

Please keep this thread for discussing the meeting and related campaign suggestions.

It's probably better not to make posts such as "I will attend. I took out a mortgage in 2010 and they are charging me... I want to move but I can't " This will prompt others to question and challenge you which takes the thread off topic again. By all means, tell your stories, but in a separate thread.

Thanks

Thanks Brendan
On the planned public meeting do you know of any more details on this?

I suggest we need Information Meetings in a number of locations as well as Dublin, eg
Cork, Galway, Athlone, Limerick to begin with. If local interest is sufficient Brendan would you come to speak at these ?

Great idea would go& i am trying to spread the word among family &friends unfortunate enough to be on variables.facebook page is very good.

Off topic content deleted - Folks please stop making general points in this thread. Make them in another thread, so that this thread does not go off topic - Brendan

I'd attend in Dublin. Currently with EBS.
I'll keep watching the Facebook page for info - have shared the FB page.

COMMENTS ON WEBSITE/IMPACT TO DATE

Im new to this site as I see are many others in past week. Im becoming more disillusioned with the impact on a number of aspects:

Contributions; Many of the posts on this and other threads are repeats and in form of pretty academic debates bewteen members on various points of detail. At the end of the day considerable energy is expended and nothing is achived by this endless debate. Its unclear if many posters are variabale mortage holders themselves. The core elements of the debate also become confused over time.

Impact; As a variable mortage holder my interest is in advaning this campaign and hopefully a solution, attending and supporting the planned public meeting, creating awareness which is crucial using social media and as many outlets as possible. Our message must go way beyond this website if we are to have any impact eg its disappointing only approx 350 likes on facebook page to date- needs to be many thousands. I would welcome debate and discussion on how to advance these aspects.

Is there potential for interested members to link up off line on these issues?. A number of Regional meetings on the issue in the next month would appear to be critical.

Political pressure; Interested members need to have a professional campaign of continuous lobbying of all politicians . Its critical that the momentum built up in past 2 weeks is maximised as it will be very difficult to maintain this over next 6 months.

Number of Threads; There appears to be too may threads eg Public Meeting, Key Posts, and many others on the variable issue and impact is being lost . I note many members need to post on various threads.

I agree with your sentiments, We need a structured campaign, Social Media , Radio, Politicians, and what way to vote in next election, 300,000 svr victims will equal a lot of votes , and if these votes are marshalled correctly, we may get what we want.

News in Relation to Public Meeting. Watch this thread and Facebook page for details of date / venue / time. SVR rates issue is causing hardship for thousands of families. The Government saybthey can't / won't help ( Enda Kenny 15/4/2015 Dail). . Time for public action. Details to follow very shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back