Hugo Boss Dundrum

addob

Hello,

The other half hinted to me last night that he's always dreamed of owning a Hugo Boss suit. Anyhow between myself and his family thought maybe if we all give him gift vouchers for christmas we just might be able to make his dream come true.
Anyhow, was wondering if anyone had any experience with the shop in Dundrum and approximately how much would we have to pool to get him his suit?

Thanks!
AD (the DOB would be the dreamer)

being honest, hb suits aren't the best out there, they jaket loses its shape along the shoulders very quickly...

but if you really want to get one, i'd try some of the mens outfitters, alias tom are good as are the place on baggot st, opp waterloo road.

if you have a chance, try and buy one abroad,....good bit cheaper, aprox 650 vs 1g.

I would agree with the first response on the quality of Hugo Boss suits. I have some HB suits (before I knew any better :eek:) but purchased all of them at a very steep discount (they retail for a lot less on the Continent). HB is a very overrated brand. You are paying for the marketing rather than the quality or construction of the suit - it was de rigeur with yuppies in the 80s and 90s but really doesn't cut it nowadays.

If its a quality suit your other half is after tell him to check out Louis Copeland. He'll find someone to advise him there.

If HB is a must I really wouldn't pay over €500 (and even at that you'll find better value check out Italian labels like Canali)

Was in NY last year and bought some suits....always wanted a HB suit but after trying them on they were aweful....if the trousers fit, the jacket was out and vice-verca. Bought a CK and a Mani and both are great. Would recommend Baumler if it's something German he's looking for.

Firefly.

I was tempted to buy a Hugo Boss suit earlier in the year but eneded up buying a different make as the fit was much better.
This was in Germany where the typical price of Hugo Boss suits is around 380-400 euro.
I have a fine pair of Hugo Boss shoes though, these cost 179 euro, again in Germany.
Have a look at
www.ansons.de , click on sortiment, then anzuge
Heres one Hugo Boss:
[broken link removed]
Orange label Hogo Boss Jeans are a good buy there too at around 100 euro.

A guy I work with bought a suit, shoes, belt, shirt and tie in Hugo Boss Dundrum a few weeks back....The total came to €1,500, he asked for some discount and the assisstant said "We don't do discount as it would embarrass our clients"....My mate said they wouldn't embarrass him but to no avail !

You should also check out an earlier thread about Dundrum voucher cards, These cards had monthly/ quarterly charges on them which reduced the value of the card over time. They might have changed that since then, or the shop might do their own vouchers.

Funny thing is L Copelands actually own the hugo boss franchise in Dundrum. Was mentioned in an interview with them a while ago

very interesting Fintan.would reccomend Suitable Company on Grafton Street.
bought excellent suit for €350.

ps,i really enjoy the Dundrum shopping experience,
agree/disagree??
Fredg.

its the most overrated , pretentious and over-hyped shopping centre ever- typical example of the worst fallout of our so called celtic tiger

ouch!!! not a fan then?? more of a 'the square' man are we??

That remark is unfair. Who do you think you are to compare yourself with a shopper in the square or any other shopping mall, we all pay for our goods and decide whether we want to pay top dollar or make our few bob go further.

its the most overrated , pretentious and over-hyped shopping centre ever- typical example of the worst fallout of our so called celtic tiger

Pretentious? I was in it for the first time recently and I have to say it looked bog-standard to me, not much different to Blanchardstown or Liffey Valley or even The Square. What's the big deal?

Louis Copeland on Capel Street is the only place to go. Have bought many suits there over the years. We all got kitted out there for brother's wedding 2 years ago and intend to do the same for my own next year. Excellent service. It's like they won't let you out the door unless they are 100% happy it fits. I have a classic black Hugo Boss suit I am delighted with and I also have a couple of Strellson suits which people constantly admire. Louis himself is there most days and is most helpful and pleasant to deal with. They also do Gift Vouchers. Good Luck

That remark is unfair. Who do you think you are to compare yourself with a shopper in the square or any other shopping mall, we all pay for our goods and decide whether we want to pay top dollar or make our few bob go further.

Relax their franmac, count to 10. I don't think fredg's comment was particularly offensive....He made a suggestion based Gerrymc's rather irate attack on Dundrum. For what it's worth, I've lived in Tallaght for the last 28 years and I think The Square is a kip. Furthermore, over the last few years it appears that the type of people why hang around there are more likely looking for your wallet or handbag than to do any shopping. I'll go there out of necessity only! Dundrum on the other hand is at least a relatively enjoyable experience (if shopping ever can be).....If nothing else it's an opportunity to check out all the yummy mummy's ! ;) Anyway, as I always say, every one to their own !

Last edited by a moderator:
Relax their franmac, count to 10. I don't think fredg's comment was particularly offensive....He made a suggestion based on your rather irate attack on Dundrum. For what it's worth, I've lived in Tallaght for the last 28 years and I think The Square is a kip. Furthermore, over the last few years it appears that the type of people why hang around there are more likely looking for your wallet or handbag than to do any shopping. I'll go there out of necessity only! Dundrum on the other hand is at least a relatively enjoyable experience (if shopping ever can be).....If nothing else it's an opportunity to check out all the yummy mummy's ! ;) Anyway, as I always say, every one to their own !

It has always struck me that even though the two shopping centres are only about a 10/15 minute drive from one another, they are miles apart in terms of demographics, spending power, average income etc. Personally I don't like either of them very much (Dundrum is particularly vapid, while the Square is full of...)

Its something that I thought McWilliams would have been interested in studying...

Back