Huge hike in road tax as motor cash dries up.

thats right, why dont they just heap more income tax on the low paid and then they wouldn't have to touch the car tax at all!!!

The low paid are under taxed, in terms of income tax, by EU standards.
The same is the case for the high paid but not be nearly as much.

It's just more stealth taxation of a captive audience, instead of using fair progressive taxation all this government is doing is increasing further hardship, especially on the poorest through stealth taxation!

It's just more stealth taxation of a captive audience, instead of using fair progressive taxation all this government is doing is increasing further hardship, especially on the poorest through stealth taxation!

Income tax rates for the high paid are around the EU average. Income tax rates for those on low incomes are way below the EU average. I've no major problems with high earners paying more tax but it should be in the form of making children's allowance taxable etc, not in the form of higher income tax rates.

Income tax rates for the high paid are around the EU average. Income tax rates for those on low incomes are way below the EU average. I've no major problems with high earners paying more tax but it should be in the form of making children's allowance taxable etc, not in the form of higher income tax rates.

Childrens allowance? The various social welfare allowances are not on the radar of myself or my wealthier colleagues. The only form of equitable taxation is progressive taxation on earned income. I personally disagree with the unfairness of regressive taxes and the treatment of the less wealthy who are being penalised unfairly by numerous stealth taxes and all of the other regressive taxation measures.

I do agree that welfare reform is needed.

Childrens allowance? The various social welfare allowances are not on the radar of myself or my wealthier colleagues.

I'm on a high income, so is my wife. We have 4 children and are entitles to thousands of Euro a year in tax free welfare payments, payments that cost the country over €2 billion a year. Madness.

Back