How to remove service warning indicators (thanks to mondeoman)

according to Autodata -1995 (94-01)Audi a4 (all models)spanner Etc can only be removed using suitable diagnostic equipment:(

Sorry.
Ok, Mondeoman, thanx anyway. I guess i'll have to take it to audi and ask'em to change the interval to 200000 kms or so..... that way it won't bother me 'til after it's dead....
Thx m8

i have the latest model ford transit,how do you switch off the spanner?thanks

Don't have info for latest transit model but i do have for previous one if you want to try that?

1,Turn ignition key to position 2

2. press brake & accelerator pedals together for 15 seconds

3. service interval indicator will flash when reset complete

4. Release pedals & turn ignition OFF.

Don't have info for latest transit model but i do have for previous one if you want to try that?

1,Turn ignition key to position 2

2. press brake & accelerator pedals together for 15 seconds

3. service interval indicator will flash when reset complete

4. Release pedals & turn ignition OFF.

brilliant,worked first time,thanks for that.have heard and tried loads of different versions of that ,so thanks again.

Mondeoman,

Would be very grateful if you could tell me how to remove the service indicator on an 06 Opel Zafira. Thanks!

Mondeoman,

Would be very grateful if you could tell me how to remove the service indicator on an 06 Opel Zafira. Thanks!

Try This,

1,Switch ignition 'ON'

2,The Display 'INSP' will flash for 2 seconds

3,Keep the Trip button on RH side pressed until "....." appears in the display.

4,Release Trip button.

5,Switch 'OFF' ignition.

Maybe you should change your name to The Oracle:). I have one for you thats being bugging me for a while, I have a 00 transit and the symbol thats beside the airbag light flashs on and off when I drive every now and again. the symbol is second last on the right of the panel. Any ideas?

p.s i think my wifes yaris can switch from kmh to mph,but do you know if a golf 1.9 tdi can do the same.(thinking of buyng one in uk)

Last edited:
Try This,

1,Switch ignition 'ON' keeping trip button pressed

2,The Display 'INSP' will flash for 2 seconds

3,Keep the Trip button on RH side pressed until "....." appears in the display.

4,Release Trip button.

5,Switch 'OFF' ignition.

Worked, with slight amendment. Thanks Mondeoman!!

Your thread must be the most effective one in the system. while i have been driving for over 40 years i am ignorant re all the terminology and never heard of a spanner service light!!. i drive a nissan almeira 2006 and dont recall ever seeing a light to warn me of a service date. apologies for my innocence

Your thread must be the most effective one in the system. while i have been driving for over 40 years i am ignorant re all the terminology and never heard of a spanner service light!!. i drive a nissan almeira 2006 and dont recall ever seeing a light to warn me of a service date. apologies for my innocence

Hi DEWDROP,
if you send me your email address i'll send you instructions to remove the spanner from your almera.

Hi Mondeoman,
I have a 01 VW Golf and the engine management light on the dashboard keeps coming on. I have gone to 2 different mechanics and both have replaced 2 different parts which they said was the problem and then reset the light. Only to discover 2 days later that the damn light is back on again. The last time I recall the mechanic saying it was a sensor at the cam shaft, although this time it only cost €50 to get it sorted it still is a pain. Is there anyway of resetting the light so that it won't come back on or is this just a spiral of things going wrong with the car? Nay info would be great.
Cheers,
Cerbera

Hi Cerbera,
Can't help you, spanner/service lights only.

sorry.

Hi,
Any idea how to remove service indicator on 2004 Merc E220 CDI
Thanks in advance
gLo

Hi mondeoman,

I don't believe this has been asked before but here goes:

How do i reset the service indicators on a 07/08 Mondeo (new shape)?

Many thanks!

Can you tell me how to remove the spanner on a 2004 mark V Golf 1.9 TDi. I've been told I need to got to a VW service dealer with diagnostic equipment and obviously a non service dealer charges much less but cannot get the information from VW.

Great thread!!

Could you tell me how to remove the engine management light on a 2001 Renault Megane Scenic?

Thanks

Back