How to remove service warning indicators (thanks to mondeoman)

Hi Mondeoman,

Brilliant thread.

Would you know similar procedure for Merc C180 2005?

Cheers

Can you tell me please if it is possible to clear the service indicator on an 07 Polo, or do I need to go back to the garage? Thanks a million.

Hi, i would be so grateful if you could help : after changing brake pads on renault scenic i have a service P warning sign on. How can I reset it? Thank you

Just coming back on this thread to share the following, it might help someone else. Having tried a few different methods that I found online, the following worked for me for a VW Polo 07.

Turn the engine off and take keys out.
Press and hold the button below the speedometer.
Keep holding, and put keys in and turn on (but don't start the engine).
Release button, then turn it to the right and hold (as if adjusting the clock minutes).
Hold until the display resets
Release the button and remove your keys.

Hi,
Great thread. Read through it and didn't spot details for my car. I've a Service now message on an 06 Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI. Was serviced in recent days by the AA but they mustn't have this on their checklist to tick off. Any help appreciated.

I have a Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi on a 10 plate. I had it serviced in Dec 11. in October this year the warning indicator came on showing Service Oil. When I looked it up in the handbook it said it need a service. I contacted the garage who told me not to worry, and they would sort it out at the service in Dec.
I took it for a service today, mentioned it to the mechanic who checked it all through on their computer that is hooked up to my car, but couldn't find out how to reset.
Can any one tell me how to reset it. I don't want the indicator to remind me every time i switch the ignition to get my car serviced. I am a low mileage user, about 3-4 thousand miles between services.

Back