How do I like a post?

Deckchair

Fairly new here - I am just wondering how / when do I get the option to like a post? I don't seem to have the option at the moment. Thanks.

Testing - bottom right of this post.

Not appearing for me or maybe I cannot like my own posts?

At the bottom-right corner of each post are five items - the number of the post in the thread (e.g. this post will appear as #3) and then links to Like, Multiquote, Quote and Reply.

Some features are restricted to Frequent Posters so it might be that until you post a few more times and attain that glorious Frequent Poster status, these features won't appear for you.

Does the reply button at the bottom right do anything different from simply typing a new post.

Sometimes i want to respond to an earlier post say no. 5 in a thread but the current post is no. 10. Can I make it clear that I am replying to no.5 without quoting a chunk of it.

Thanks

Does the reply button at the bottom right do anything different from simply typing a new post.

That button just saves you having to scroll down if you're not already at the bottom of the page.

Quoting some or all of a post is the only way to really make it clear that you're replying to a specific post.

At the bottom-right corner of each post are five items - the number of the post in the thread (e.g. this post will appear as #3) and then links to Like, Multiquote, Quote and Reply.

Some features are restricted to Frequent Posters so it might be that until you post a few more times and attain that glorious Frequent Poster status, these features won't appear for you.

Thank you. I figured it might be something to do with not being a frequent poster. Just curious. Thanks again.

Thank you. I figured it might be something to do with not being a frequent poster. Just curious. Thanks again.
You may be on to something I don't recall seeing the like button when i first started posting maybe it only appears after so many post
This is post no 8 post
following no 8 post is the like button followed by the Multiquote button followed by the Quote button followed by Reply on the right hand lower corner once logged in.

Last edited:
Back