House price €275, offer €255

Neil_Ireland

Hi all,

I found a house I like, it's on the market for €275k with two different auctioneers, I'm thinking of offering €255k.
The estate agent said the current owners want a quick sale, they even have a lot of their stuff boxed up ready to go.

Is this too little to offer?

Thanks,
Neil.

I think it is pretty generous i'm looking at houses at the moment and i'm generally offering around 20% under asking price. No one has accepted yet but i'll keep trying

Ok that is interesting. I have a few friends there. I think you should stick to your guns and offer 250 and that is an absolute max. Be firm. its not that there is not a lot of choice in Navan. If they dont take it tell the estate agent your going to make an offer on another house. And dont let him push you up by another 5 grand. Stick to your guns you will get the house for 250.

Last edited:
Ok that is interesting. I have a few friends there. I think you should stick to your guns and offer 250 and that is an absolute max. Be firm. its not that there is not a lot of choice in Navan. If they dont take it tell the estate agent your going to make an offer on another house. And dont let him push you up by another 5 grand. Stick to your guns you will get the house for 250.

Thanks for the advice, I'll call the estate agent tomorrow, fingers crossed :)

No NO No. Start at around the 235 level. You can always go up, but very difficult to come down in price. If you have your finance in place, tell the EA you are a Ready to Go buyer. And Good Luck.

No NO No. Start at around the 235 level. You can always go up, but very difficult to come down in price. If you have your finance in place, tell the EA you are a Ready to Go buyer. And Good Luck.

Wow that low! Would I not get laughed at offering that amount?

So what if you are laughed at. Will you or do you intend to see these people again ?? Met with one of my Bank Managers today and he told me that the Banks reckon that the house market has a fair bit more to drop. You can always go up in price but it is to difficult to come down. This is a completely different market that what it has been up to 2006. I'll tell you you won't be laughing if you pay to much.

Listen to mERCMAN mankes a HELLL OF A LOT OF SENCE!!! and could have saved you 10 grand or more. Only one laughing in the end will be you. My stratagy of sticking to your guns mercmans offer of 235.

Thanks guys, great advice here, I'm going to sleep on it and make a decision on how much I'll offer in the morning.

I think I'll have to revise my thought of offering €255.

Thanks,
Neil.

Back