Home heating oil prices?

Best Prices I could get today for west wicklow area for 1,000 litres kerosene, was

Blessington Oil €459
Gillespie oil €465
Tullow oil €475

Laois Area
Emo Oil 500 ltrs Kero €229.26 from there web site.

Please note from speaking to Oil companies before, changes to oil prices are done on a weekly basis. e.g Oil prices increase or decrease at midnight every Wednesday, therefore if you ask or check an online quote by every Thursday you should notice a difference in the price and lets hope for the forseeable future the price is much lower :D

Took that advice on board and left ordering till today and Gillespies price was down to €450 :cool:

Originally Posted by killybram http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?p=771996#post771996
Buy it in the north and take it down the road yourself and you pay only 38c per litre! It was 80c at its peak in the summer!

I am genuinely interested in knowing how you transport 1000 litres of home heating oil.

Hiya, Havent been on the board for a while.
If you live near the border most of the filling stations will lend you a bowser which you return when you have emptied it into your tank.

P.S. - last weekend it has gone up to 40c per litre.

470 for 1000 litres from texoil foxford, but supposed to be going up 2 cents tomorrow - anyone any idea if the trend is upward?

Maybe will be cheaper in the spring due to less demand?

Not in a mad rush to buy but can do if its going to keep going up.

Just got 1000 litres kerosene from Texoil today. 455 inc vat. :)

Paid 685 in early November for the same fill. I wonder will this saving be passed onto gas users?

Jones Oil Ballina are doing 1000L Kero for 470,

but if you call in first you can get a voucher for 25 euro off,

which makes it 445 for 1000L,

i.e. 44.5 cent a litre if you get exactly 1000L .

Not bad.

€558 best price for 1200 litres kerosene in Tuam last Monday.
Seems to be much cheaper 12 miles up the road in Mayo, and in many other places for that matter, eg Galway City.

Just got 1000 litres from Texoil in Oranmore at €440. so 0.44 a litre, ill fill up at that price...

Prices in NW Donegal today:

500l = €220
1000 = €420

We appear to be cheaper than the rest of the country.

44 cent per litre 2 weeks ago from drury oils in ballaghdreen ross/mayo border i got 1000 litres 4 440 euro inc vat

Used boilerjuice.ie for the first time there. Original quote: €506 for 1000L. Final quote: €446! Supplier is Toughers of Naas.

I have found boilerjuice.ie good. The same supplier won't be the cheapest each time though as they will automatically use the cheapest in your area at the time. It does depend how many suppliers there are though, if you are in a remote area there probably won't be as many. Their buying weekends are good as well as you can take advantage of price reductions for larger orders if others in your area buy.

price quoted to me today was 30 pence a litre=£270 =900 litres

Back