Home heating oil prices?

300 euros for 500 litres kero yesterday in sligo. Rang around...from 300 to 315 depending on supplier.

Hi,

Has anyone had any dealings with http://www.boilerjuice.ie/ (BoilerJuice.ie)? The site claims to be ablw to lower heating oil costs through grouping buyers together to create buying groups and thus driving prices down through bulk buy.

It sounds good in theory, but has anyone used it in practice?

any oil company will offer a group price.just get a few neighbours/family/friends together and approach the various companies. if you are all in close proximity(eg same estate), even better as the overheads are reduced further.

good luck!

Kerosene - 1000 litres for €533

Price here in Cork for kerosene today was 53.345 including VAT.
I got 986 litres at 47c per litre ex VAT - total €526

Delivered Crosshaven by DanOil (086 2770063) who is associated in some way with Morris Oil Kilkenny (I know he actually gets it from the terminal at Whitegate). Dan is the kind of guy you can rely on - he delivered to me once at 9 pm on New Year's Eve!
T.S.

Re: Kerosene - 1000 litres for €533

Price here in Cork for kerosene today was 53.345 including VAT.
I got 986 litres at 47c per litre ex VAT - total €526

Delivered Crosshaven by DanOil (086 2770063) who is associated in some way with Morris Oil Kilkenny (I know he actually gets it from the terminal at Whitegate). Dan is the kind of guy you can rely on - he delivered to me once at 9 pm on New Year's Eve!
T.S.

Dan is the man.

Anyone in Cork who needs oil should have this guys number.

....up to 8-10% cheaper than the big ad Golden Pages suppliers.

B

Used boilerjuice.ie for the first time there. Original quote: €506 for 1000L. Final quote: €446! Supplier is Toughers of Naas.

I am looking for cheap oil in Tuam. Best I have is 475 / 1000 liter of Kerosine or 480 for 1000 liter of Gasoil (Gasoil from Corrib Oil) Waiting for a custom quote.

I reckon we'll see 399 / 1000 liters soon.

Current price is $1.44 per US gallon from the refineries. This equates to approx. 26c per litre, add in distribution costs and 13.5% VAT and you come to approx. 42c. - so €420 per 1000 litres should be available in a week or so and prices are still falling.

My bet is we'll see a return to €399 / 1000 litres very soon.:D

A far cry from €1150 in August!!!!

Was just thinking about doing a similar post...

anyone prices for the 'sunny' south east???:rolleyes:

Sorry, I don't have time to go through this whole thread but as I type the oil man is delivering 500 litres of kerosene which my husband got for €245!!!! I was well chuffed cos back in May I paid €385!! he called round everywhere and did a bit of bargaining but I can tell you that the company was Ultimo and while we're in the South East, they cover Dublin. I know that cos the Dublin driver called to deliver, the office had given the order to the wrong area.

I don't have any connections with the company, just sharing what I think is a good deal!

Some heating oil quotes as of 30th Dec:

Emo Oil 500 ltrs Kero €233.76 (Cheapest)
Boilerjuice.ie €247.76
M50 oil (flyer) €235.00

Anybody do any better than this?

Merjock

Laois Area
Emo Oil 500 ltrs Kero €229.26 from there web site.

Please note from speaking to Oil companies before, changes to oil prices are done on a weekly basis. e.g Oil prices increase or decrease at midnight every Wednesday, therefore if you ask or check an online quote by every Thursday you should notice a difference in the price and lets hope for the forseeable future the price is much lower :D

Buy it in the north and take it down the road yourself and you pay only 38c per litre! It was 80c at its peak in the summer!

i filled up with 1000 lts this morning with harmom oil killdaldey co meath and cost was €460....v cheap

I am looking for cheap oil in Tuam. Best I have is 475 / 1000 liter of Kerosine or 480 for 1000 liter of Gasoil (Gasoil from Corrib Oil) Waiting for a custom quote.

hi, i live in tuam too;
i sought an online quote from emo a few minutes ago;
unfortunately they wont supply county galway;
i tried again, stating mayo as my county;
the quote they gave was €428.96 for 1000 ltrs kerosene;
before corrib oil and the other crowd (cant recall their name) bought out all the local suppliers around here we were being ripped off, and its no better now;
if you're ringing around for a quote, maybe you'd consider telling them you've been quoted €428 and ask them if they can do better?
if it works, please let me know.

just to let anyone who's looking for kero in Galway City,

did a quick round up for 800 litres of Kerosene today
texoil in carnmore = 355
kelly oil = 370
corrib oil = 370
excelsior = 376
sweeney oil = 380

Just got 1000 litres delievered this morning. Campus oil Hi-way in Tuam. €450.

Back